It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Rosacea Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-01-2006, 05:59 PM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

Jenetti HB User
rosacea?

my mom has a very bad case of rosacea but cant get into her dermatologist appt for another month. we have a wedding to go to on oct 14. her grandson is getting married and she is feeling embarrassed about the condition of her face, lots of swelling and especially redness on her face and what seems like acne (but is rosacea). does anyone know of anything she can start right now that is over the counter, or some alternative maybe homeopathic treatment she can use to calm down the redness so she wont be so embarrassed being seen like this at the wedding? she usually stays inside when her face is like this, flushed and doesnt like having people see her in that condition. any advice would be greatly appreciated, shes not missing the wedding since she almost raised her grandson on her own, but i know deep inside that she is a bit embarrassed of her face.

Old 10-01-2006, 06:14 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

Misty800 HB UserMisty800 HB UserMisty800 HB UserMisty800 HB UserMisty800 HB UserMisty800 HB UserMisty800 HB UserMisty800 HB UserMisty800 HB UserMisty800 HB UserMisty800 HB User
Re: rosacea?

I also have rosacea and it is no fun.

Have your mom go to a department store cosmetic counters and ask for "green base" powder. There is one by Shischado, or something like that at department store.

A powder I am currently using is by Lancome, Dual Finish Matte Buff II. A compact of this powder is about $36 at Foley's or Dillards department stores. This powder helps hide the redness of prominent veins in my face.

I use Benedryl Gel on my face at times. It will be drying and may help clear up acne like bumps. I have a mealy raised rash on my forehead and the Benedryl Gel helps forehead to be more smooth.

Sometimes the rosacea will be worse if the face becomes too dry. I use Neutrogenia Face lotion and sometimes plain Ponds Cream in light blue lid jar from Wal-Mart or other stores.

Best to wear clothes that are cool because warmth will cause face to be more red. Too warm rooms will cause redness too.

Do not drink stimulants such as coffee, tea, alcohol drinks, spicy foods, etc.

Using cold compresses on face off and on will help reduce swelling.

Good luck.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-01-2006, 09:28 PM   #3
(female)

FusionAmber HB User
Re: rosacea?

Tell her she needs to pick up a book called the skin type solution. It gives an outline of exactly what she needs to do to treat that skin type. It really works!

Closed Thread