It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Rosacea Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-05-2007, 05:26 PM   #1
(male)

benjy22 HB User
Rosacea?

Hi guys

For a while now my skin has been getting red, especially my nose which seems alot redder than the rest of my face. Also my cheeks are very red and it seems to spread across my nose in almost a pattern. My undereye area is just normal which makes it stand out even more and my beard line is perfectly normal coloured. My skin has been getting worse over the last few months, especially the burning sensation i keep getting in my face. my nose has become very oily but i cant cleanse it regularly as this increases the redness. Also any sort of cold, wind or exercise seems to make me very red, also showering. Ive always thought ive had rosacea, and it has worsened and especially today as the weather was hot and i was out in the sun, i came back and ive never seen my nose and cheeks so red and there were alot of thread veins on the bridge of my nose.. I felt awful and very self conscious.

The problem is ive gone to my doctor in the past, about 6 months ago and he didnt really seem too interested, in the past he has thought i had seborhic dermatitis and given my hydrocortisone cream which initially helped but then it just went back to normal or worse even. I wonder is it possible he could be wrong and should i see another doctor as he always seems to act like im over dramatising everything, i have recently taken pictures of my skin when its bad, which it generally wasn't at the time i saw the doctor, and its pretty clear on the pics how bad it looks so im wondering should i perhaps show him how bad it gets or maybe seek another opinion on it. Its really affecting my quality of life and is all i can think about but i feel apprehensive of going to see my doctor again.
Any advice or help would be great.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread