It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Rosacea Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-21-2007, 07:19 PM   #1
Veteran
(female)

KittyLove HB User
Diagnosis: Rosacea

I've had a rash along my left laugh line for about two months, and I asked my MD about it and he said it was rosacea. He prescribed Metro cream. I've been using it for two days and it already looks better. I just have some questions.

Is this really a disease? Did I cause this by drinking alcohol and spicy foods? Will it get worse over time? Is it true that mites are the culprit? Will I have to use Metro cream for the rest of my life?

Old 04-23-2007, 04:25 PM   #2
Inactive
(male)

futurelovers HB User
Re: Diagnosis: Rosacea

Oh and once I get home and get some free time - I'll look for the name of that antibiotic I once was prescribed to treat something completely different but as a bonus effect, I noticed that it had cleared up all the red spots from my face and then found out that it is also used to treat rosacea in some cases...

Last edited by futurelovers; 04-23-2007 at 04:26 PM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-29-2007, 07:07 PM   #3
(female)

jacksinn HB User

KiityLove

I used metro cream and found it made my skin oily. Now use metrogel. Actually I used it for a year and then stopped. I no longer have the pustules and only very little redness so I going to give it break for awhile. I have not noticed that anything makes it worse.

Old 05-03-2007, 09:36 AM   #4
(female)

nugget55 HB User

I have this little annoying group of pimples on the end of my nose. I look like Rudolph the red nose reindeer. Don't know what flares it up. It comes and goes. Is there anything o.t.c. that works for this that has been sucessful?

Old 05-17-2007, 08:50 AM   #5
(female)

Mainegirl HB User

The metrogel started to not work for me after a while. I found I was using a ton of it with little relief.

My derma switched me to Desonide. I have been on it for over a year and it works great. I used to get horrible flare ups right after lunch (elevation in body temperature maybe?), I used to put it on right after I ate to reduce the severity of the flare up when it did happen but now I don't even need to put it on everyday as I don't get the afternoon flare up as frequently.

I do notice that some foods do make me flare up (hot soup is one of them). I had to stop drinking alcohol completely as even a small glass of wine was enough to make my nose bright red and cheeks very flushed (with those attractive pustles...). I also use Differin for acne and the combination of the products doesn't bother my skin at all.

Old 05-17-2007, 08:54 AM   #6
(female)

Mainegirl HB User

Regarding mites (because I brought this up to my derma as well)...

It seems that people with Rosacea issues have more mites but the mites might be attracted to the condition and not be the actual cause itself...

Kind of like that weight thingy 'cortisol'. People who are overweight seem to have more cortisol but there is no proof that cortisol is the cause for being overweight.

Closed Thread