It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Rosacea Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-28-2007, 12:45 PM   #1
(female)

teacherintexas HB User
Rosacea

I was diagnosed with rosacea earlier this month and have been using Metrogel. I never had the adult pimples, but I did have the redness associated with this.

I've already seen a lot of improvement with the redness, but would like to find makeup and moisturizers that might help even more. I want my babyface back!

What brands of makeup and moisturizers are good for rosacea?

Old 06-29-2007, 08:09 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

mystic_star HB User
Lightbulb Re: Rosacea

Hi! I also have Rosacea and like you, I have been using Metrogel for 2 years now! It really does help with the redness but can be a little drying! I use Neutrogena Moisturizer every night and it works great! It won't clog pores and it has no greasy feel at all! It just keeps your skin soft and smooth! As far as makeup, I use Cover Girl Simply Powder Foundation! I love it because it goes on just like powder, but covers like foundation! I hope this helps!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-29-2007, 06:11 PM   #3
(female)

SHADOWMOUNTAIN HB User
Re: Rosacea

Hi Teacher in Texas,

I also have rosacea and have been in remission now for five years and wanted to share the products that I have used that have gotten this problem cleared up. I always use a mineral foundation now because the minerals float on top of your pores and do not penetrate, this has made all the difference. I also use a cleanser that is for sensitive skin, such as Loccitane mouse cleanser, or purity by philosophy. I always use a vitamin C serum following cleansing in the a.m. and then a good moisturizer for sensitive skin, followed by a sunscreen for the face such a Neutrogena.

In the P.M. I cleanse again, then follow with CO-Q 10 serum, you can find this at the health food store, I don't remember the brand but it comes in a purple bottle and is around $20.00. Then follow with moisterizer.

Also spicy foods and alcohol beverages aggrevate the condition so try to avoid these items. Neutrogena is a great line for Rosacea as well as Loccitane which is more pricey, but a great line, as well as philosophy. I hope this helps.

Shadowmountain

Old 07-04-2007, 10:37 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

Mel52 HB UserMel52 HB UserMel52 HB UserMel52 HB UserMel52 HB UserMel52 HB UserMel52 HB UserMel52 HB UserMel52 HB User

I was also recently diagnosed with rosacea. I had never heard of it. I had noticed my forehead was real red and shiny in pictures, but I thought maybe I was having a hot flash when the picture was being taken. My dermatologist did a couple of chemical peels. I liked that. He prescribed retin A but the insurance won't cover it. I will have to see if he has any samples next time I see him.

Old 07-07-2007, 11:41 AM   #5
(female)

teacherintexas HB User

I had already ordered mineral makeup by the time you posted, but I'm glad to have a recomendation for something I've already done! I've used Neutrogena for years, but I might try to find the other brands you mentioned. I just bought some Aveno calming moisturizer and I like it, but I go through bottles rather quickly.

Thanks Mystic and Mel for replying too.

My dermatologist said to stay away from the microdermibrasion products. Has anyone used them with success?

Last edited by HBMod07; 07-09-2007 at 08:24 AM. Reason: Please only quote the portion of the message you are responding to and not the entire message. Thank you

Old 09-13-2007, 09:45 PM   #6
Inactive
(female)

jennie23 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by teacherintexas View Post
I was diagnosed with rosacea earlier this month and have been using Metrogel. I never had the adult pimples, but I did have the redness associated with this.

I've already seen a lot of improvement with the redness, but would like to find makeup and moisturizers that might help even more. I want my babyface back!

What brands of makeup and moisturizers are good for rosacea?
I, too have Rosacea and was told by my doctor to use a sunblock instead of a sunscreen as it tends to be thicker and protects better when out in the sun...
hopes this helps...

Closed Thread