It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Rosacea Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-02-2003, 06:03 AM   #1

KelCo35 HB User
Post Burning Skin and Rosacea

I posted a few days ago, my body felt so sore all over after I was very stressed. Well- now I have broke out with what appears to be rosacea on my face! Red blotches all over my cheeks going across my nose, some on the chin and some on the forehead. I believe this to be rosacea because at a visit to a derm. I asked him what this little bump was on my nose and he diagnosed it to be that. Well now- It's all over!! Then a day after this I get this burning sensation, on my face, forearms, and then it goes to my back. Like I have a bad sunburn, only there is no heat or redness coming from the skin. It seems to move around, come and go. Has anyone experienced any of these things I've wrote about? I am trying to figure out what has happened, because something is NOT right! THanks in advance!

Old 04-02-2003, 08:14 AM   #2

Sweet Pea HB User
Take an inventory over the past week. New meds, laundry det, soap, shampoo, the whole shabang. How about any strange foods. Pesticide spraying in the neighborhood? Think down to the smallest detail.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-02-2003, 09:11 AM   #3

KelCo35 HB User
Thank you for the reply. Yes, I have done that. And I have had nothing but my usual ho-hum life. I am sure this is rosacea because of my trip to a derm. and I had him look at this little red bump on my nose, said that's what it was. Well, that's not a big deal, but this is different, all over cheeks, nose rash. As far as the burning, it comes and goes. Sometimes it feels like I have just walked in to an oven. Just on fire. I look at my arms, etc. with no redness or heat coming out. I felt so good after my shower this a.m. now, back pain and burning are coming back. What kind of doctor do I see for help with this? Any suggestions? Thanks so much for any advice!

Old 04-02-2003, 11:10 AM   #4

Sweet Pea HB User
Just had another thought. Have you checked out shingles? It can be rashy and quite painful.

Old 04-02-2003, 03:22 PM   #5

JDtweety HB User
Oh my Gosh, I am so glad you posted this. I had a something like that happen to me. This is what happened to me was: I was diagnosed with Fibro in Jan of this year, within a month of so, my face got bright red, and felt like I had a sunburn. It was mostly on one side of my face. I hadnt developed a rash just yet, but it was really red and blotchy, like I was embarrassed (but only on one side). My face was stinging so bad. I had had this type of redness on my arms and chest for sometime, but I really didnt think much of it until it hit my face. Well, I couldnt get into a dermatologist for like 6weeks and by then my redness spread to the other side of my face (less severe) and I had some red dots, but not really noticable. Couple of weeks later, I began to break out in acne (I am almost 40). Never had acne as a teenager or an adult. Finally, I saw the dermatologist and he said it was Roceaca (sp). He wasnt sure if it was linked to Fibro or not, but I think its a bit odd to all of the sudden start having that problem. I opted to treat it topically and he prescribed a skin care regime. Its only been like a week and I notice a bit of a difference in the redness. I also know that is tends to get worse when I feel stressed out or if the sun happens to come out (not too common in Oregon). This is making me crazy. http://www.healthboards.com/ubb/dizzy.gif Anyway, I hope you find some relief.. Good luck!

Old 04-07-2003, 04:01 PM   #6

MISKC91 HB User
Cool

I have had burning unexplained. Going up my spine, under the arms, above the top lip. Stomach and legs.

When I first got it, I had shooting pains also down the legs and arms. Have had lots of tests and blood tests and they find nothing.

God Bless

Old 04-09-2003, 12:02 PM   #7

wahe HB User
I just read the other posts here and was surprised to find other people with similar problems of burning skin. I am desperately searching for any help with a problem that my mother has with burning skin pain. She describes the pain as if someone has struck matches and placed it on her skin. It is so painful for her that she cries from the pain. The areas affected are her ears, shoulder, back, sides, and sometimes waist. There is no redness of the skin, no rashes, no swelling, no indications of any other signs of skin trauma. She has been to doctors who have prescribed various medications, but thus far, none have relieved her pain. Most doctors are perplexed as to what's causing the pain, and only one has made a diagnosis of "inflamed nerve endings". She most recently was prescribed Nuerontin, which only relieved her pain for one day and night, and then the burning returned. If anyone knows what this condition might be, or a treatment for it, please, please let me know. We are desperate to find relief for her. And I hope others are able to find something that will help them. Thank you for your time in reading this.

I would also like to add a comment regarding rosacea. This is a condition I have had for a few years, and my family doctor prescribed Metrogel. I continued to use this but the rosacea got progressively worse to the point that my face starting getting whelp-like bumps, and though I could conceal the redness and blotchiness using make-up, the bumps were raised and no amount of make-up would hide them. About a month ago, I went to a dermatologist associated with Vanderbilt Hospital, who prescribed Tetracycline capsules, and the result thus far has been amazing. The rosacea has improved to the point that I could even go without make-up if I chose to. I hope this information is of value to someone in helping them deal with this same condition.

As one last point, could my mother's burning skin condition and my rosacea condition be linked...hereditary? Strange that we both have skin problems. Thanks again for your time.

[This message has been edited by wahe (edited 04-09-2003).]

Old 04-09-2003, 03:21 PM   #8

JDtweety HB User
Wahe,

Welcome to the boards! I am sorry to hear about your Mother. I can tell you that I definately have redness with my burning and itching. Sometimes I feel like I am crawling out of my skin. My boyfriend made this comment to me, " I would rather be in pain than itch and burn", I said " well, I itch, burn and I am in pain". The rosecea (sp) on my face is very annoying. I was given three products (one of them the Metrolotion, like the gel). I havent seen very good results either, and my Dermatologist said that it would be a long process if I only wanted to treat it topically. He too wanted to give me tetracycline, but I am already taking so many meds for my Fibro that I just couldnt take another Pill! He assured me I would probably give up and be back for them, and now that you have said what happened to you, its probably true. How long do you have to take it? is it forever?

Anyway, I hope you find some answers for your Mom. Keep us posted..

Old 04-09-2003, 04:15 PM   #9

wahe HB User
Hi JDtweety,

Thank you for your response. I forgot to mention that I have changed to the Metrolotion now and like it better than the gel. Regarding how long I will have to take the Tetracycline, I do not know at this point, but I have a follow-up appointment with the dermatologist tomorrow and that will be my first question for him. I will let you know what I find out. As long as I don't have any adverse effects (none so far) from the Tetracycline, I will continue to take it as long as he recommends. It has been a real life saver for my rosacea, and I hope if you decide to try it, that it will be successful for you, too. Thanks again.

Old 04-10-2003, 07:34 PM   #10

wahe HB User
Hi JDtweety,

Just to follow up with you regarding the rosacea, I went for my dermatology appointment today. The doctor wants me to continue the Tetracycline 500 mg pills twice a day for another 6 weeks. Then I cut back to 1 pill a day till the middle of July, at which time I go back to see him for another analysis of the situation. I am curious to see if the 1 pill a day dosage will control the rosacea. Sure hope so, but wonder what will be needed after July. Thus far, though, I am very pleased with the results of the Tetracycline. Just thought I'd let you know, and hope things improve for you. Thanks.

Old 04-12-2003, 06:35 AM   #11

jladams HB User
I was just reading down your posts and was shocked to find the exact same symptoms that my mom has been experiencing for the past couple weeks.

i had done a search on them but didn't find very much in the way of answers.

As far as the rosacea or any kind of rash I don't believe that sbeen a problem for her but she has been experiencing the burning feeling that you describe

She says it came from out of the blue one night while she was watching television, everything from her waist up got hot like a sunburn. Then it moved, to the top of her legs, to her face and chest, then just to her back. Then it eased off, then it went away. The next day it came back, along with a tight sore feeling in her shoulder blade. If any of you find answers, please post. Thanks, jladams

Old 04-14-2003, 11:44 AM   #12

JDtweety HB User
Wahe,

Thanks for the update. Since I read your original post, I have really been giving the Tetracycline some serious thought. I honestly dont see any improvement at all with just the topical treatment. I think I will call the doc today.. Thanks again..

JD

Old 04-22-2003, 06:15 PM   #13

Ms. Lisa HB User
Quote:
Originally posted by wahe:
I just read the other posts here and was surprised to find other people with similar problems of burning skin. I am desperately searching for any help with a problem that my mother has with burning skin pain. She describes the pain as if someone has struck matches and placed it on her skin. It is so painful for her that she cries from the pain. The areas affected are her ears, shoulder, back, sides, and sometimes waist. There is no redness of the skin, no rashes, no swelling, no indications of any other signs of skin trauma. She has been to doctors who have prescribed various medications, but thus far, none have relieved her pain. Most doctors are perplexed as to what's causing the pain, and only one has made a diagnosis of "inflamed nerve endings". She most recently was prescribed Nuerontin, which only relieved her pain for one day and night, and then the burning returned. If anyone knows what this condition might be, or a treatment for it, please, please let me know. We are desperate to find relief for her. And I hope others are able to find something that will help them. Thank you for your time in reading this.

I would also like to add a comment regarding rosacea. This is a condition I have had for a few years, and my family doctor prescribed Metrogel. I continued to use this but the rosacea got progressively worse to the point that my face starting getting whelp-like bumps, and though I could conceal the redness and blotchiness using make-up, the bumps were raised and no amount of make-up would hide them. About a month ago, I went to a dermatologist associated with Vanderbilt Hospital, who prescribed Tetracycline capsules, and the result thus far has been amazing. The rosacea has improved to the point that I could even go without make-up if I chose to. I hope this information is of value to someone in helping them deal with this same condition.

As one last point, could my mother's burning skin condition and my rosacea condition be linked...hereditary? Strange that we both have skin problems. Thanks again for your time.

[This message has been edited by wahe (edited 04-09-2003).]

Old 04-22-2003, 06:27 PM   #14

Ms. Lisa HB User
Wahe,
I'm desparetly trying to figure out what is wrong with my dad. I just read your posting and he has the same symptoms as your mother. He has been to several doctors including a dermatologist, has been prescribed numerous medications and nothing has helped. Doctors have treated him for yeast, fungus, and other skin irritations. He complains that his skin burns really bad on his buttocks. He describes it like a bad sunburn. He has no rash and no other symptoms. Last week his doctor suggested that he see a psychiatrist. He is not able to sit down and hasn't been able to do so in 2 months. He lays on his side instead of sitting on his bottom. His pain is real, you can see it in his face. Have you been able to find out anything more?

Old 05-08-2003, 05:37 PM   #15
(female)

Carina HB User
I have the same thing. Every doctor told me it is acne (since I am a teenager) or a sunburn. I use cold compressants and hydrocortazone cream(anti-itch) to help relieve it. Hope it gets better!
~*Carina*~

[This message has been edited by Carina (edited 05-09-2003).]

[This message has been edited by Carina (edited 05-09-2003).]

Closed Thread