It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Rosacea Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-18-2008, 03:31 PM   #1
(female)

Violettt HB User
Rosacea... What can be done?

I have a bad case of rosacea all over my cheeks....
What can be done about this problem?
Or...is it something that I will just have to "learn to live with"?

I can barely look myself in the mirror anymore......

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-22-2008, 03:35 PM   #2
(female)

Cakies HB User
Re: Rosacea... What can be done?

sunblock, sunblock sunblock! If you have Rosacea the worst thing for your skin is sun exposure. Sunblock with lots of Zinc Oxide works best for me. I have it and it's manageable, if you can go to the dematoligist there are a few prescriptions that can help. Do you have any of the little pimples and bumps too? They can be treated but do not under any circumstances use Benozoyl Peroxide (the ingredient in most drug store acne products) it will burn and turn your skin bright red, its the worst thing for Rosacea.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-28-2008, 02:17 PM   #3
(male)

yamahadtr HB User
Re: Rosacea... What can be done?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Violettt View Post
I have a bad case of rosacea all over my cheeks....
What can be done about this problem?
Or...is it something that I will just have to "learn to live with"?

I can barely look myself in the mirror anymore......

Hello friend, theres no cure for rosacea, infact if you only have roesy cheeks the chances are you might not have rosacea or it might not have progressed yet.

Im 21. rosacea hit me at 19/20. I know how you feel, i avoid looking in the mirrow and and windows because i hate my reflection, but people dont treat me differently because i have a rosey complection, people except you for who you are ,not what you are. day to day life with me is a struggle i have to admit, i dont work because my rosacea is out of control from environment to environment, i have 2 hour flare ups which sometimes cause burning pains for 2 hours or so. so i have to avoi very cold, or very hot environments. which kind of restricts my life and i no i will have the life style forever which hurts because i just want to have a normal life like everybody else. but there are times when i relaise just to have a chance at life when so many cant im still lucky, i have 4 limbs and im healthy enough in terms of exercise so for that i have to be greatful. But i know how you feel, and you have to accept it it i suppose, many girls find rosey cheeks sweet or sexy. so it cant be that bad. if its full facial like mine i look like a cheery bomb 10% of the day, so it could be worse friend.

I find using rosaderm made by dernaned fades redness very well. apply it before you have a bath leave it on for 10 mins and just wash of with cold water, it doesnt leave you skin greasey after its washed off with water, and doesnt leave your skin tight, it feels fresh and soothing,obviously it wont stop you flushing for embarrassment, but in terms of things like having hot drinks, or hot baths, cold wetaher,spicy foods it worked a treat for me, theonly thing it wont stop you having a flush is hot weather, because heat is the main trigger for rosacea theres nothing that can be done.

Hope everything goes well and you feel better soon. my first year has been hard, but its slowing getting easier to accept. keeping busy and looking in the mirror less like your doing helps alot and learning to accept it.

Closed Thread