It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Rosacea Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-03-2008, 12:53 PM   #1
(male)

gregman70 HB User
eczema, dermatitus, rosacea? help please anyone?! :(

hi ive had this with my face for the last few months now - aqueous cream, hydrocortisone have just seemed to do nothing or make it worse

these last few days its really flared up and i couldnt face going into work today for the first time in nearly 3 years.

could anyone help me with what this is likely to be, and what if anything is likely to help it.

thank you for any comments/advice

greg

Last edited by moderator2; 06-03-2008 at 01:35 PM. Reason: please do not post pictures for any reason - as per the posting policy

Old 06-03-2008, 01:29 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

janewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB User
Re: eczema, dermatitus, rosacea? help please anyone?! :(

Have you seen an allergist or dermatologist? (With severe rashes, a GP will probably make it worse, based on my experience). That's really your best bet at this point. Does it itch or burn?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-03-2008, 01:43 PM   #3
(male)

gregman70 HB User

to the mod, 1st off - apologies for linking to the photo - just assumed that its a lot easier for posters/readers to see for themselves with a pic and maybe help to diagnose what my condition may be. not really easy to describe it without the pic on here.

jane, no it doesnt itch at all, just feels a bit tight owing to the inflammation. its just come up really bad over the last day or so and there are no obvious triggers that could have caused it.

Old 06-23-2008, 10:19 AM   #4
(female)

ladydi13 HB User

Try going to an herbal store and asking about Melaleuca Oil (Ti Tree oil).

Good luck

Old 06-25-2008, 05:16 PM   #5
(female)

park914 HB User

If you haven't made an appt with a dermatologist yet, you really should do so. In the meantime, don't use regular soap on your face. You might want to try Purpose - it's very mild and one of the nonsoaps recommended by derms. Use cool water too. Don't eat spicey food either.

Old 06-25-2008, 07:27 PM   #6
Inactive
(male)

willy8512 HB User

I am on my fifth Dermatologist. This time I went to one of the best teaching colleges in my area. I saw the first Doctor who got a second doctor then a group of student doctors. I still don't have an answer. They throw eczema at everything, from pimples to lacerations it's all eczema.
It seems like modern medicine makes leaps and bounds in surgery. They will be doing heart transplants through your freckle, before a dermatologist can control acne, eczema or anything else.
My problem started over a year ago. No skin changes, like discoloring or scaling, just periodic pain tingling and stinging. Had all kinds of tests from Allergists, Neurologists, Dermatologists and family doctors.
But they still call it eczema.

Closed Thread