It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Rosacea Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-01-2008, 10:03 PM   #1
(female)

velvet rose HB User
what do acne scars look like? read/on

My doc says that I have inflammatory acne. I'm not really educated about the different types of acne so I'm hoping one of you guys can help me out. I never have acne with blood or puss in it. I don't get bumps that have to be popped. My acne is flat and pink/red. New bumps hardly ever form so I'm starting to wonder if what I have is acne scars. I always thought acne scars were pits or brown and I don't have that. My face is covered in flat pink/red marks. Are these acne scars or is it just inflammatory acne? Can somebody please explain and help me out.

Old 07-02-2008, 09:57 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

AuntieLeela HB UserAuntieLeela HB UserAuntieLeela HB UserAuntieLeela HB User
Re: what do acne scars look like? read/on

Acne scars are formed by pustules. So, if you almost never have that form of pimple, you wouldn't have scaring. Your description sounds familiar though. Do you have Rosacea?

[url]http://www.nlm.nih.gov/medlineplus/rosacea.html[/url]

The above webpage as a link to pics of what Rosacea looks like, if that helps.

Here's their description: "Rosacea, sometimes called adult acne, is a chronic inflammation of the face of unknown cause and without a permanent cure. Four different types of rosacea have been described:

"Red face" rosacea, with a tendency to face flushing (or blushing), which can progress to a persistent redness of the nose or central face

"Acne"-like bumps and/or pus-filled lesions (papulopustular rosacea), with or without a red face or flushing

Rhinophyma – slow enlargement of oil glands and skin thickening of the nose and sometimes other facial areas, usually in men

Eye problems (ocular rosacea), which may occur before skin changes – a burning or gritty feeling may be present as well as reddening of the eyes and lids."

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-02-2008, 10:35 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

AnnD HB UserAnnD HB User
Re: what do acne scars look like? read/on

There are many forms of acne and you happen to have the red bumps under the skin that never come to a head so they will never leave a scar. These bumps come and go but are sore and annoying and probably doctor has maybe suggested Retin-A? or some such prescription pills? RetinA worked really well on mine and kept them away for years. I'm not sure anything topical would work on these. Good luck

Closed Thread