It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Rosacea Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-11-2008, 05:47 PM   #1
(female)

cookie44 HB User
Question derm recs for NoVA?

Long time reader but infrequent poster looking for help. I am now 33 and have battled skin problems for at least 20 years and these days it's not so bad honestly. Minimal actual breakouts, once-in-a-while rosacea not lately an issue much, no sensitive skin reactions....BUT I'm still not very happy with my skin's appearance. I'm not currently on anything for my skin and the things keeping it from looking good are that my skin tone is very uneven even when my skin is "clear", have lots of large pores, blackheads, some scarring or sunspots, just not very nice on my face even though my other skin is pretty good. Oh, and also an occasional breakout (which I can handle - that's not such a big deal).

I've never tried anything liked microdermabrasion, peels, lasers, etc. but am considering doing so as it might improve my skin's appearance. I was looking into Dermatology Associates of Northern Virginia since they are close to my home. They seem to do more of this type of work so I would think that is a good sign. I'm uneasy about finding a doc to trust with such a procedure though and would love any recs or docs or specific procedures. Thanks in advance!

Old 08-11-2008, 07:35 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

kilgore52 HB User
Re: derm recs for NoVA?

cookie44, there are some great lasers out there just the kind you need. a good dermo is crucial.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread