It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Rosacea Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-23-2008, 01:20 AM   #1
(male)

byrdganggoonies HB User
Doctors wont help me

ive been sufferin from all sorts of health issues the past couple yrs

within the past yr i have made several visits to the doctors and gotten nowhere. im payin a hundred and somethin bucks a month on my HMO plus 25 a visit and have had to shell out lots of money on prescription drugs/antibiotics so far. i went to a dermatologist which was $45 about my red skin on my face and rapid hairloss. he just said "oh youre probably balding try rogaine" and said my face being all red was acne. i dont really bad acne i have some acne scars but my face has become completely red...its not acne. he prescribed me some topical stuff that ive been usin for a few months and nothing has changed with my face. this stuff is expensive too.....$33 a bottle. he wrote one for another but i havent bothered to get it yet cuz i dont want to waste money.

i think that i have a tapeworm but when i told that to a doctor she looked at my like i was a nutcase. ive seen bits in my stool and tried to do a cleanse, did a colon cleanse and then parasite cleanse. while i saw some segments it didnt make a tapeworm come out. my stomach has a bulge and i have a a blueish mark across my stomach on my belly button. this all of a sudden occured about the same time my health went haywire and i began to lose hair. im in good shape and had a flat stomach before. a doctor gave me some cream for ringworm that i used for a while and saw no improvement whatsoever. still have the mark, still my stomach juts out.

i get rashes on my body that itch a lot and had one that wouldnt heal and had to take antibiotics because it was infected.

i looked online and found you can buy biltricide (prazinquantel) which is used to treat parasites. i think im going to take measures into my own hands but want to be careful.

i dont want to keep wasting money going to the doctors and not being able to get treated right. i just want this thing gone....

Last edited by byrdganggoonies; 09-23-2008 at 01:21 AM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-05-2008, 09:46 PM   #2
(female)

Alice2 HB User
Re: Doctors wont help me

That is so scary sounding! I know nothing about parasites, except I believe alot of us have them without knowing about them, possibly including myself. If I were you I would try the herbal remedies for tapeworms and treat it "as if" that is for sure what you have. If you are wrong I do not believe you will have any harm done.

I still recommend clay. Supposedly heavy internal use of the clay can get rid of parasites too, but you have to get the right kind and not have it be the only thing you use.

I don't even want to face this myself right now, but a naturopathic doctor (was it a doctor?) suggested that may well be part of my problem, too. Maybe not a tapeworm but some type of parasite or other.

I wonder why doctors seem to want to ignore this whole phenomenon?

Old 10-13-2008, 02:21 AM   #3
(male)

byrdganggoonies HB User

i really wish i had the strength to end it all.......

ive become really depressed and down, just have this feeling of hopelessness. there are times where i just want to stay in bed and not be out in public at all.

as for herbal remedies, ive tried some stuff to no avail. i even looked for advice in the natural medicine section here.

maybe there are cleanses or remedies that actually work but i doub it. i think the only way im going to get rid of it is antibiotics. i know the antibiotics used to treat tapeworm but like you said it might be another type. my doctor would not prescribe me antibiotics for a parasite infection.

i checked my bed sheets again and ive got the same little pieces of stuff on them. same stuff ive noticed before and i change my sheets frequently

Old 10-13-2008, 02:46 AM   #4
Veteran
(female)

B143C HB User

The red skin could be roseca. My mom has it and sometimes her face looks like a cherry. Stress is a cause of hair loss.

Have they ran tests on you? Blood tests are very conclusive. My brother is a doctor and he always says you can learn so much from blood tests. He also swears by vitimans, vitimans, vitimans.

Have they testsed your stool? If you are seeing things in your stool and they don't think it's a worm, perhaps it is something like mucus. This can appear as tape worm segments. Perhaps you could have digestive issues - mucus can be IBS. Usually not anything serious.

If you continue to worry, I would ask for a stool test. All the doctor has to do is order it. You can take a cup home and return it to the lab. It's not a big deal so they shouldn't fight back about it too much. If you still feel like they aren't examining you enough, go to another doctor.

God bless and try not to worry so much. Everything will be ok!

Old 10-13-2008, 02:50 AM   #5
Veteran
(female)

B143C HB User

<-removed->

Last edited by mod-anon; 10-13-2008 at 10:04 AM. Reason: Do not copy material directly from another website.

Old 10-14-2008, 09:40 PM   #6
(male)

byrdganggoonies HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by B143C View Post
The red skin could be roseca. My mom has it and sometimes her face looks like a cherry. Stress is a cause of hair loss.

Have they ran tests on you? Blood tests are very conclusive. My brother is a doctor and he always says you can learn so much from blood tests. He also swears by vitimans, vitimans, vitimans.

Have they testsed your stool? If you are seeing things in your stool and they don't think it's a worm, perhaps it is something like mucus. This can appear as tape worm segments. Perhaps you could have digestive issues - mucus can be IBS. Usually not anything serious.

If you continue to worry, I would ask for a stool test. All the doctor has to do is order it. You can take a cup home and return it to the lab. It's not a big deal so they shouldn't fight back about it too much. If you still feel like they aren't examining you enough, go to another doctor.

God bless and try not to worry so much. Everything will be ok!
its not rosacea.........doesnt look anything like it. i dont know how to describe it

ive had several blood tests done in the past couple months. they kept sayin my liver levels were wrong. i figured that could be due to me taking dietary supplements

i havent done a stool sample.......i asked for one and they never ordered it for me. im 99% positive i have a parasite of some sort i just dont know whether its a tapeworm or not. everything matches up and i feel it in me/have seen segments. like Alice2 said its hard to know what sort of parasite it is.

ive tried herbal remedies and cleanses, asked on the alternative medicines section here. they havent done much....im pretty sure i need antibiotics to get rid of whatever is in me.

Old 12-20-2008, 01:37 AM   #7
(male)

byrdganggoonies HB User

I WANT IT OUT OF ME!!!

im tired of it and want whatever is inside of me gone. ive become really depressed and have not gotten any better. there are days when i feel extremely weak and dont even wanna get out of bed. ive lost motivation to do the things i love and really wish everything would go away.

my hair is fallin out rapidly, i get rashes all over my body and itchin all the time. ive had psoriasis and eczema. have seborrheic dermatitis on my scalp

its been a mess the past 2 years with multiple blood tests where they havent been able to tell me whats wrong, multiple doctors visits and perscriptions that were a waste of money.

i think i have no choice other than to order the medicine online and see if it works

Old 12-23-2008, 11:43 AM   #8
Veteran
(female)

Katielyn HB User

I agree with B132C. I know that there are soooo many uncaring doctors out there but don't let them win by giving up. The stool sounds like IBS to me because I get the same thing every now and then and it all depends on what you eat and how it digests too. The redness does sound like Rosecea (sp?) The hair loss could be from all the cleansing that you have done because the body is going (or has gone) into a different state than what it's use to. A vitamin deficiency can also cause hair loss. Sometimes when we eat things that our bodies don't like, the body will let you know in some way. My hubby is allergic to cheese and every time he eats it, he constantly clears his throat for about 30 min. that's the body saying it doesn't want that food. Do as much research on doctors as you can before going to see them. Call their office and explain that you would be a new patient and ask questions that you may have. I would ask your family doctor to test a stool sample or get a blood work up if you haven't. Good luck!!!

Closed Thread