It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Rosacea Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-06-2008, 06:17 AM   #1
(female)

savemyskin HB User
Unhappy Hi! Newbie here with possible seborrheic dermatitis..Need HELP!

Hi! I'm 29 years old, and I went to a dermatologist YEARS ago for a dry, crusty, flakey scalp...and the dr. was of no help--just said "you're allergic to shampoo"..and gave me some watery red prescription to use in lieu of shampoo--it didn't work....I later read an article in a beauty magazine that said "head and shoulders sensitive care is great!" I've been using that with much success...but the problem is now on my face (and has been for about 2 years).....I thought it was rosacea, then sensitive skin...now I truly believe it's seborrheic dermatitis....sooooo....where do I begin with a new skin care regimine? I don't think it's that severe, but the itchy flakey red patches are annoying and look terrible!! Hot showers make it worse, as so scrubs.......I was thinking about even starting to wash my face with the head and shoulders...but I have no clue it that's a good idea.......Any suggestions on a new routine including a new moisturizer???? I'm desperate for relief!!!

I was thinking of using the head and shoulders shampoo on my face, maybe followed by a diluted apple cider vinegar solution (I guess with a cotton ball), then the moisturizer is where I'm stumped........would cocoa butter be good? Oil of Olay? Aveeno? Any help here would be GREATLY appreciated!! Thank you so much and have a great day!

Old 10-11-2008, 10:56 AM   #2
(female)

nancy435 HB User
Smile Re: Hi! Newbie here with possible seborrheic dermatitis..Need HELP!

Hi,
I use Organic Apple Cider Vinegar (Bragg's) for my seborrheic dermatitis and sensitive scalp. I typically take about 1/4 cup of Apple Cider Vinegar and 1/4 cup of water and mix it in a spray bottle (1 part to 1 part). I spray it directly on my scalp, by combing through the different sections. Then leave it on for at least 10-15 minutes. Then I rinse it out and use a mild shampoo & conditioner. The longer the better. Its best to do it on the weekends or at night because it does smell. (2-3 times a week) The worse you have it the longer it will take to see results. I started using the ACV because the Nizoral shampoo started making my hair really dry and brittle and it started to break and fall out. I have pretty oily skin and I needed to wash my hair every day. For the face, take a cotton ball and dab the mixture on the spots.
I also had large crusty patchs and this really helped break those down fast.
Good Luck!

Last edited by nancy435; 10-11-2008 at 11:41 AM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-25-2008, 07:21 AM   #3
(female)

nancy435 HB User
Smile Re: Hi! Newbie here with possible seborrheic dermatitis..Need HELP!

I just started using the New Head & Shoulders intensive solutions for severe dandruff prevention and seborrheic dermatitis (Dark blue bottle) and it works really good. I am about 90% free of scalp build up and flakes. And my hair doesnít seem as dried out, but I also use a good conditioner just in case. I am also taking a multivitamin and biotin everyday.

Closed Thread