It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Rosacea Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-17-2008, 07:14 AM   #1

connie1247 HB User
what causes red spider marks on the face?

what causes red spider marks on the face?

Old 10-18-2008, 07:48 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

feelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB User
Re: what causes red spider marks on the face?

they can be a nothing or a something,depending. i don;t normally post on this particular board(tho i am aging rapidly before my time) but your post caught my eye. depending upon other factors those marks can be hereditary or casued by weakened cappillaries or they can be a sign of an underlying disease process,namely within the liver. do you have alot of these on your face or maybe like just one in particular that appeared? there are some that are called angiomas or a nevis. does your spider veining have any type of reddish center in it like a very tiny dot perhaps? are you having any actual symptoms or other medical issue going on right now? if you could answer those questions it would help me to help you in the very best way. FB

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-31-2008, 01:27 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

Misty800 HB UserMisty800 HB UserMisty800 HB UserMisty800 HB UserMisty800 HB UserMisty800 HB UserMisty800 HB UserMisty800 HB UserMisty800 HB UserMisty800 HB UserMisty800 HB User

Inflammed capillaries is the cause. This can be due to Rosacea, alcohol, spicy food, medications, etc. Over time they just remain inflammed.

Last edited by Misty800; 10-31-2008 at 01:28 PM.

Old 11-02-2008, 08:53 AM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

feelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB User

just wanted to mention that not all are as benign as just inflammation or other casues. in some people with unknown liver issues(or known too),this can be a sign of portal hypertension. it was right there on my sons face for two years,only very light. didn;t know,and his doc didn't give it any real notice. but two years after this first appeared(he was only 12 then) it got redder and one tiny dot in the middle got very bright red. shortly after that,he vomited up blood in school one day and it was all down hill from there. his portal vein had been closed off by fibers growing in his liver. this is why i mentioned this when i saw that post. his GI doc knew exactly what was going on with the portal hypertension she told me,only becasue of what she first saw on his face. she said she already knew that he had already gone there.

when the P vein gets closed off,all that blood that normally would flow thru it gets backed up into the veins which are not supposed to carry high pressure. it creates like high blood pressure right within the upper GI on up into the head actually. weakened vessels will then just start to break and create the spider nevis. he was also having nose bleeds.

this is all i wanted to mention when i saw that post. some are not really a major deal,but others CAN be. thats all. when its just there and combined with other symptoms,it just needs a bit further investigation. i just don;t want anyone to have to go thru what my son did if this is caught earlier than his was(before the portal vein completely closed off). we just had no clue at all about what was and had been going on in his liver even before birth. very bizzarre. he is okay now with a liver transplant. just trying to inform,thats all. marcia

Old 11-08-2008, 12:01 PM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

twokatss HB User

I was told they were broken capilleries. I have alot of them...I think (and this my personal thought) the skin is very thin on the cheeks and from the cold weather here in Canada and being a kid outside all the time, mine were caused by that..
I use a concealer on mine and then a dusting of face powder and they are not even noticed...
However as I age (61) they are getting a bit worse...

Closed Thread