It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Rosacea Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-18-2003, 08:50 PM   #1

alwaystan HB User
Post Is it rosacea?

Okay, I have done a A LOT of research and I think I may have mild rosacea. I am going to the doctor next week but I have a feeling he may dismiss the idea quickly.

I am a 32 year old male and my face has always been fairly sensitive and I have always flushed easily. But in the last few years my face is ALWAYS red. After I wash in the morning my skin is blotchy for a few minutes then is okay for a few hours(still red). By lunch my face is getting oily and after I eat my face always gets redder(no matter what I eat). By the end of the day my face is very oily and very red. For the most part, it looks like I am mildly sunburned all of the time.

Well, this summer it seems even worse. When I am out in the sun I wear SPF50 and I am always very red for several days. It never used to be that bad. I thought I was being paranoid at first but then people started making comments about being sunburned. Also, my nose is always a little more red than the rest of my face. Alcohol always makes it worse too.

I have always thought it was related to my allergies but as I gave gotten older my allergies have gotten better and my face worse.

But, I do not have any blotchiness, blisters, or any other rosacea symptoms. I just always have a red face and it seems to be getting worse!

Could it be mild rosacea?

Old 09-18-2003, 10:37 PM   #2

GTI HB User
u might have mild rosacea. i was like that at first too.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-19-2003, 10:47 AM   #3

alwaystan HB User
Well, I got in to see my doctor today and just as I figured he immediately dismissed rosacea. He said I would have acne which I reallly don't have. He said it could be my allergies and switched my antihistimine and I had a blood test done to check for lupus. He said I did not show any other signs for lupus but he wanted to make sure.

Then, as I am waiting for my bloodwork to get done I notice a peridocal for rosacea. I pick it up and start reading it and now I am convinced I have it more than ever. I felt like showing it to my doctor but I figure I will just try to get in to see a dermatoigist next week. Hopefully I will not need to be referred.

Old 09-19-2003, 05:18 PM   #4
Senior Veteran

DeeDeeWith3 HB User
Hi always,

Although I cannot tell you if you have rosacea, I can share a little story.

I never thought I had rosacea(and I still don't) however I have been VERY successful using treatments geared towards that condition. One is Plexion wash, and the other is Finacea. Both are for Rosacea, and both have made a remarkable difference in my skin.

Just some info for you and I wish you luck!

Old 09-19-2003, 07:53 PM   #5

alwaystan HB User
DeeDee,

I scheduled an appt with a derm on the 29th and I will ask about both of those products. I appreciate the tips!

Old 09-29-2003, 09:00 PM   #6

alwaystan HB User
Well, I went to the derm today and he prescribed metrocream, tetracycline and one other that is suppose to absorb oil but the pharmacy was out of until tomorrow. He listened a lot more that my normal doc and immediately agreed that my condition was probably rosacea. He said it will prolly take at least 2 weeks to see any significant results. I figure I'll try this for 2 months and see what happens.

Anyone else use metrocream, metrogel or metrolotion?

Closed Thread