It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Rosacea Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-27-2009, 12:13 PM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

djl HB Userdjl HB Userdjl HB User
Is this related or not?

Hi all,

My mom was visiting me yesturday and she mentiond on my chest above my breast area was red, like a rash. Now, this is nothing knew to me. I have had this issue on and off for YEARS, never had it checked out by a dermitoligist. Never realy thought I needed to. It comes and goes, does not itch me and I dont even know its there unless I see it or someone else does.

It can just show up when it feels like it or it shows up when the sun or light hits it at time??

Strange....its not a raised rash, not an itchy rash, just that part turns red??
I figuered maybe its a skin sensitivity thing or a roseasa (SP) thing??

Old 02-27-2009, 12:29 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

kirstee HB Userkirstee HB Userkirstee HB Userkirstee HB Userkirstee HB Userkirstee HB Userkirstee HB Userkirstee HB Userkirstee HB Userkirstee HB Userkirstee HB User
Re: Is this related or not?

I'm not really sure about the rash being related to FMS. I have a red neck - looks so cute, just like a turkey neck. Rosacea is common with FMS which can cause redness, but I don't know if that is what is going on with you.

Kirstee

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-27-2009, 08:23 PM   #3
(female)

momcat4 HB User

My daughter "flushes" sometimes, usually her face and chest. Sometimes it has some bumpiness, other times it is flat. It is very red and feels very warm to the touch. She also gets hot and cold easily. When I asked the her doctor, he said it was related to the fibromyalgia.

Old 02-27-2009, 10:42 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

SnowBunny89 HB UserSnowBunny89 HB UserSnowBunny89 HB UserSnowBunny89 HB UserSnowBunny89 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by momcat4 View Post
My daughter "flushes" sometimes, usually her face and chest. Sometimes it has some bumpiness, other times it is flat. It is very red and feels very warm to the touch. She also gets hot and cold easily. When I asked the her doctor, he said it was related to the fibromyalgia.
My cheeks are pink sometimes the doctor noticed it. I also get hot and cold too. one minute i'll be hot the next cold. I actually sleep with ahem 6 comforters. I can't sleep with any less. I'm so cold well it's cold in my room.

Old 03-03-2009, 01:53 PM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

Pammyann HB UserPammyann HB UserPammyann HB UserPammyann HB UserPammyann HB UserPammyann HB UserPammyann HB UserPammyann HB User

My neck is very sensitive. When I was younger, everything made it turn "spotty red" esp necklines, jewelry etc. Nowadays its' better but if somebody hugs my neck, it will turn red.

Old 03-03-2009, 05:41 PM   #6
(female)

applecollector HB User

I have an area on left side neck down my chest that stays red 75% or more of the time. It started when I was have a bad spell of migraines--but it has never went away. whether it is part of FM or something else I don't know

It does show up in pictures sometimes

This kind of rash can also be Lupus have you been checked for Lupus?

Old 03-04-2009, 08:27 AM   #7
Senior Veteran
(female)

djl HB Userdjl HB Userdjl HB User

Hi all thanks for posting..

I don't know if he did check for Lupus. He does send me for bloods every 2 months.
I am going to ask him about it when I see him on March 17th. Maybe there is a connection

HUGGS

Closed Thread