It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Rosacea Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-30-2003, 10:23 AM   #1

alwaystan HB User
Post Anyone with rosacea use metrocream, metrogel or metrolotion?

Finally saw a derm yesterday and he agreed that it looks like I have mild roscea. Prescribed metrocream for redness and tetracyline for the few cyst pimples I get along with something called clinac to absorb excess oil. He wants me to try this combo for 2 months and see how it works.

I am mainly concerned with my redness. I know everyone is different but has anyone had experiences with the metro products?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-30-2003, 06:44 PM   #2

alwaystan HB User
Nobody?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-17-2004, 02:05 PM   #3
(male)

Grimey HB User
Re: Anyone with rosacea use metrocream, metrogel or metrolotion?

Four month bump^
----------------------

Anyone here with rosacea use metrogel for a significant amout of time? If yes, have you notice decrease in redness etc.? Thanks ~

Old 01-11-2005, 12:06 PM   #4
Inactive
(female)

evy38 HB User

Started the exact same treatment today. Maybe we'll find out if it works toether.

Old 01-11-2005, 12:07 PM   #5
Inactive
(female)

evy38 HB User

Started the exact same treatment today. Maybe we'll find out if it works together.

Old 01-11-2005, 12:07 PM   #6
Inactive
(female)

evy38 HB User

Started the exact same treatment today. Maybe we'll find out if it works together.

Old 01-12-2005, 02:52 PM   #7

Sman HB User

I have used metrogel and I think it could have reduced my redness. Simply going off the BP could have done it though.

Before using metrogel my derm had me using BP for acne, then when my next appt came my face was red and was diagnosed with rosacea.

Old 01-12-2005, 03:18 PM   #8
Inactive
(female)

evy38 HB User

I'm only on day 2 of using this Metrogel and I'm seeing real improvement already. It must be the gel because the antibotic needs 24 hours to kick in. I'm impressed so far.

Old 01-12-2005, 05:10 PM   #9
Inactive
(female)

bordrgrl HB User

I saw good results with MetroCream for a week and a half and then had an allergic reaction.

Old 01-12-2005, 10:30 PM   #10
(female)

WxK HB User

Tetracycline and metrogel seem to make rosacea worse- in fact metrogel only cloged my pores in a way that was far worse then simply having rosacea, the Tetracycline upsets the stomach terribly and seemd to make me more red, not to mention what other probles you will face if you are female and taking these antibiotics for an extended period. The best cure for any bacteria related skin disorder is a change in diet- I went Macrobiotic and it changed my skin profile, it did not cure the rosacea though it made it practically imperceptable and easy to control- if you eat spicy foods and drink alcohol your skin will look bad no matter what to take or put on your face, if you eat tomatoes and citrus fruits regularily your skin will look bad- it's a medical fact. Try to go homeopathic as much as you can- the drugs and creams are simply not going to correct the problem the way changing your diet and cleansing your body from the inside out will.

Old 01-13-2005, 09:54 AM   #11
Inactive
(female)

evy38 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by WxK
Tetracycline and metrogel seem to make rosacea worse- in fact metrogel only cloged my pores in a way that was far worse then simply having rosacea, the Tetracycline upsets the stomach terribly and seemd to make me more red, not to mention what other probles you will face if you are female and taking these antibiotics for an extended period. The best cure for any bacteria related skin disorder is a change in diet- I went Macrobiotic and it changed my skin profile, it did not cure the rosacea though it made it practically imperceptable and easy to control- if you eat spicy foods and drink alcohol your skin will look bad no matter what to take or put on your face, if you eat tomatoes and citrus fruits regularily your skin will look bad- it's a medical fact. Try to go homeopathic as much as you can- the drugs and creams are simply not going to correct the problem the way changing your diet and cleansing your body from the inside out will.
You're right. those things do help. But not enough for some of us. I have followed this kind of diet for over two years, but the meds are achieving what my diet couldn't. I also agree that long term antibotics are a bad idea, but a short term use to get the rosacea under control is a great idea. As far as metrogel is concerned, no clogged pores here. Metrogel is only supposed to be used for 7 days. After that once a week and for spot treatments.

Old 01-13-2005, 11:47 AM   #12
(female)

WxK HB User

After just over 6 years of having and fighting Rosacea I found this to be more effecive then anything any dermatologist perscribed, though your right the same things do not work for everyone.

Old 01-14-2005, 03:49 PM   #13
Inactive
(female)

evy38 HB User

Hi Stan,
I've been using the same treatment that you were perscribed since Tuesday. I have Rosacea and the Metrogel is working beautifully so far. How is it going for you?

Closed Thread