It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Rosacea Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-10-2009, 04:49 AM   #1
(female)

IllinoisMom HB User
Question Test results negative. Now what?

Hi, have had a whole body flare-up after being sick with the flu or some hell virus first of February. Both shoulders, both elbows, both wrists, both knees. Excruciating pain. In addition, lymph nodes swollen in neck, raised whitish bumps with reddish center on palms of my hands, redness on my nose and cheeks (rosacea?), canker sores in mouth, malaise, depression.

Went to doc, got a shot of depo-medrol. Eased pain for a couple days, then back again. Started round of prednisone, pain free now except in knees.
Blood work was all normal.
Tested my ANA, anti-ccp and Rheumatoid factor, also sed rate, thyroid, and some others I can't remember right now. So my question is what the heck do I do now? My mom's side of the family has every kinda auto-immune disease known, my mom has primary biliary chirrosis of the liver, diabetes, her sister has Crohn's, her dad's niece had rheumatoid arthritis.

I have had arthritis pain flare-ups for about 15 years now (I am 42) and I get a shot of steroid and it goes away. This time has been the worst flare so far. Should I get a referral to a rheumie? Any input would be wonderful. I know you can't diagnose me, but any tips are welcome. Thanks!

Old 03-10-2009, 07:31 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

AuntieLeela HB UserAuntieLeela HB UserAuntieLeela HB UserAuntieLeela HB User
Re: Test results negative. Now what?

Oh goodness gracious, go to a rheumy now!!! <faints>

LOL, seriously, yes, I think you need to see a rheumatologist. With PBC in your genes you might want to get a Celiac blood panel too, if you haven't already, they're usually given by a gastroenterologist.

Not to add yet another doc/disease to your list! I come from a multi-autoimmune family too, so I know the drill. (juvenile arthritis, RA, Celiac Disease, ulcerative Colitis, vitiligo, autoimmune hypothyroid, MS, Crohn's Disease . . . and the list goes on )

Last edited by AuntieLeela; 03-10-2009 at 07:32 PM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread