It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Rosacea Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-04-2009, 08:41 AM   #1
(female)

myinspiration HB User
Please help me indented scars horrible texture

Please help me, I use to breakout bad but its better now as long as i dont use the wrong products. I still get bumps though but not as bad. Around 9 years ago I developed rosacea along with my regular acne. Then it spreaded to my neck and chest. I flush over anything. People ask me what is wrong with your neck.
I started getting broken vessels so I went to a spa that was owned by a dr. They did the treatment and i ended up with one blister that left me with an indent to go along with some of my shallow indented acne scars. I was so upset. She told me that it would not scar and that it should heal in 3 months. Well it didnt. It does look a little better but then 2 months later all of a sudden i had some more indents pop up that was not there before. I had heard this has happened to others. These scars look worse than my acne scars because my acne scars are shallow. They are on my cheeks too. i am so embarrassed. I cant use creamy cleansers to help with my rosacea because they break me out and for some reason my skin will look like its sagging and the scars look worse.
I have to be careful with foaming cleansers because they will irritate my rosacea. I have tried finacea which made me really red. Kinerase broke me out and i had a build up on my skin. Salicylic acid irritates my skin. I used a 8% TCA and it did nothing for my scars. I have done around 5 lactic acid peels and that havent improved my scars. I still have broken caps and now i am going to the dr for v-beam. I heard that doesnt cause scars. I am now trying dermaroller but i have only done it 3 times so far over the last months 1.5mm long and no improvement in my scars.
I called the lady up that did the yag and told her my concern. She told me she would send my some retina to use on that spot but that has been 3 month ago and she still has not sent me any.
I just started working another job and its being out in the public. I have missed so much work because of this. Either for my neck and chest being bright red or blotchy or my scars looking so bad. I take pictures of myself and cry because those scars were not there until i went for the yag in July 08.
Tell me what to do to help me smooth out my scars and make them look better. Also what will help my horrible texture from acne?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-07-2009, 11:16 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

waterlily HB User
Re: Please help me indented scars horrible texture

Your situation is a bit more complicated than mine since you have rosacea. I don't have rosacea and just indented acne scars. What healed my scars was the use of Silkia camellia oil and Epidermx microdermabrasion, after a year's faithful use. My scars were about 2mm deep on the forehead, 5 of them, and now they are hardly noticeable. I have another 3 scars above my upper lip and though they have not healed as completely as those on the forehead, they still look much better and smoother.

Peels such as TCA, glycolic acid and lactic acid will not help indented scars. They help flat surface red marks only. Same for Finacea. Kinerase will not help indented scars either. I have no experience with V beam and dermaroller so can't comment. I'd like to say that Epidermx will greatly improve your skin texture and my understanding is it helps rosacea also.

Closed Thread