It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Rosacea Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-09-2009, 12:27 AM   #1
(female)

acne_sufferer HB User
Red and itchy cheeks that do not burn

I have been an acne sufferer for the past twelve years. In addition to that, my cheeks are always red, itchy, and I have white bumps all over them. Does anyone have insite into what this might be?

Thank you for your help

Old 06-09-2009, 07:07 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

AuntieLeela HB UserAuntieLeela HB UserAuntieLeela HB UserAuntieLeela HB User
Re: Red and itchy cheeks that do not burn

Maybe Rosacea? http://www.niams.nih.gov/Health_Info/Rosacea/default.asp
Do you blush easily? Fair skin? Dry eyes?

Of course years of acne meds aren't easy on the skin either! I've got quite a few years racked up myself and I know I have to go on acne med "vacation" for a weekend every once in awhile just to let my skin breathe.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-09-2009, 09:37 PM   #3
(female)

MadeInTheUSA HB User

your symptoms sound like Rosacea to me, as well.

Or an allergy. Are you using anything new on your skin? (Benzoyle Peroxide?)

I know I cannot use BP. It makes my skin Red and very very itchy.
The same very symptoms as you describe.

Old 06-09-2009, 10:10 PM   #4
(female)

acne_sufferer HB User

Im using differin but the thing is Ive had this problem since Im nine years old. It doesnt burn either so it cannot be rosacea. It just itches like mad. Ive got white bumps on them too

How do I subscribe to this thread so I get e-mail notifications that people have replied?

Last edited by acne_sufferer; 06-09-2009 at 10:12 PM.

Old 06-10-2009, 12:34 AM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

AuntieLeela HB UserAuntieLeela HB UserAuntieLeela HB UserAuntieLeela HB User

What does your dermatologist say? Have they done any tests?

Any allergies? You've had this for such a long time I can't imagine it's a contact allergen like soap or a cleanser but food allergies can present in unusual ways.

I was just looking up info on atopic dermatitis, a type of eczema. It's very itchy, often begins in childhood and is chronic, although the severity may wax and wane over the years. Typically it affects the face and the inside of the elbows and knees but it could show up in only one spot like the face. Kids are more likely to get AD if they have (or have a family history of) asthma or hay fever.

When you post, you'll notice another box below the one you're typing in - titled "Additional Options". The second option is "Thread Subscription".

Last edited by AuntieLeela; 06-10-2009 at 12:35 AM.

Old 06-10-2009, 01:04 AM   #6
(female)

acne_sufferer HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by AuntieLeela View Post
What does your dermatologist say? Have they done any tests?

Any allergies? You've had this for such a long time I can't imagine it's a contact allergen like soap or a cleanser but food allergies can present in unusual ways.

I was just looking up info on atopic dermatitis, a type of eczema. It's very itchy, often begins in childhood and is chronic, although the severity may wax and wane over the years. Typically it affects the face and the inside of the elbows and knees but it could show up in only one spot like the face. Kids are more likely to get AD if they have (or have a family history of) asthma or hay fever.

When you post, you'll notice another box below the one you're typing in - titled "Additional Options". The second option is "Thread Subscription".

I know I get allergies from milk but I dont know if that would contribute and I know that cold wind doesnt like my face either. Last month, I had to hire a new derm because I switched insurance companies. I dont have a asma or hay fever but do you know if its still possible to have atopic dermatitis without those symtoms. Also do you know what the treatments for atopic dermatitis are?

OMG thank you very much and thank you for the wave. Thats very sweet of you

Closed Thread