It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Rosacea Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-10-2009, 11:17 PM   #1
(female)

glacierview HB User
Pimple-like spots with white see/core inside

I've had these for over 4 years...they come and go and usually only have one to contend with at a time. But lately, I've had several around my chin, over my top lip and the odd one on my cheek. They start off like a pimple, with a bit of pus in it, but they don't heal. There is like a little white seed imbedded in it and extremely painful. If you can actually pull out this tiny seed, they usually heal, but extracting them is very difficult. And they bleed just as if they were warts..there seems to be a good blood supply. I've had a couple burned off thinking they were warts, but they just pop out in other places. I asked my doctor about them, but she said I had rosacea...not that at all! Does anyone else have these? I usually put a warm facecloth over them and that softens the skin so I can try to dig out the tiny little white seed but I am ruining my skin by picking....an appointment with a dermatologist takes months!!!!!!!! Help somebody!!!!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-11-2009, 01:44 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

Choice HB User
Re: Pimple-like spots with white see/core inside

Sounds like milia.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-27-2009, 10:48 AM   #3
(female)

furla HB User

yeah its milia alright. i had those monsters 6 months ago. all gone now. its easy to get rid of them. i use the milia treatment from naturalis. just a week of treatment is enough. those nasty things never came back. gone for goood!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Choice View Post
Sounds like milia.

Old 07-27-2009, 11:04 AM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

AnnD HB UserAnnD HB User

Yes, those can be easy or difficult to get out. Next time instead of using only your fingernails use a sewing needle/or sewing pin cleaned with soap/water and soaked in rubbing alcohol. After you break the skin covering them then you squeeze....some you have to work on gently for a day or two. Be sure to keep your entire face clean and always wash with soap/water after pricking at them. But yes go to dermatologist for better advise...we just don't happen to have one in our area so we have to do things 'differently' Everyone always say not to break the skin however those white things never come out without help do they. Good luck.

Old 08-24-2009, 10:54 AM   #5
(female)

furla HB User

i dont think picking at the milia seed is a good idea. I did that and it gave me scars

Old 08-25-2009, 01:37 PM   #6
(female)

ScarredAngel2 HB User

I posted about the same thing it sounds like. I searched for 15 years for a solution. It turned out that after 8 doctors and dermatologists, it was ringworm from a cat - simple anti-fungal cream cleared it right up.

Not sure - but it's a cheap fast solution and worth a shot!

Closed Thread