It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Rosacea Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-18-2009, 05:55 PM   #1
(male)

Jmacvey08 HB User
Red blotches on cheeks

Hey guys,

I've searched the forums and found a million and one threads based on the color "red" and I figured that one more couldn't hurt!

Now that the opening teaser is over here's my situation: I'm 19 years old and for the past 5-6 years, I've had these red blotches on my face, particularly my cheekbones. In shape they look almost like an large "L" accentuating just across my earlobe sloping down across my jaw. I have never experienced any pain nor itching in relation to these patches. The only time they seem to get worse is when I dangle my head recklessly over a ledge causing extreme increase in bloodflow to the face, but this is natural for anyone I assume.

My question is: A) what are these patches? Rosacea? Overtly dry skin? Ulerythema Ophryogenes? Something worse? Besides applying a bit of Curel or Eucerin cream here and there, I haven't done anything really to curb the dryness nor have I gone to the dermatologist, hell, I haven't even brought it up to my doctor! But needless to say, I'm looking for a "decently accurate" diagnosis (a little bit of an oxymoron considering this is the internet)...

Please, if you have any information on what it might be, what it could be, or, more preferably, what it probably is, please PLEASE don't hesitate to respond! I need the help, my confidence is dependent on it! Also, any suggestions on treatment methods, and how long these methods could/will take to fade/clear these red patches of premeditated anxiety..

Thanks to all in advance, I await the responses!!

Last edited by moderator2; 10-18-2009 at 09:29 PM. Reason: please do not post pictures - as per the posting policy

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread