It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Rosacea Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-25-2010, 05:38 PM   #1
(male)

skyzo HB User
Hot, red, flushed face

OK, so I am only a 18 y/o male, and have been having this problem for quite some time. I have sort of fair skin, nothing extreme, but relatively fair.
If I go into a room that is even relatively warm (like above 70F) my whole face gets real hot feeling and very flushed. It looks like its extremely sunburnt, and with my blonde hair, it looks very wierd. Its very embarrasing, and I wish it would stop. I have now decided to figure out what it is and hopefully get rid of it. My whole face is affected, with my nose looking like rudolph when its really bad.
Any ideas on what this could be?
Thanks

Old 01-26-2010, 04:09 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

AuntieLeela HB UserAuntieLeela HB UserAuntieLeela HB UserAuntieLeela HB User
Re: Hot, red, flushed face

Maybe Rosacea, although you're a little young for it. http://www.nlm.nih.gov/medlineplus/ency/article/003241.htm

Facial flushing is common among fair skinned people. Rosacea can be treated with medications. If the flushing is caused by abnormal or too many tiny veins in your face, a dermatologist may be able to zap them for you.

There are over the counter "anti-redness" creams, I don't know how well they work, or if they'll work on the actual flushing or just mask the redness. Eucerin puts one out, about 12$ to 15$, I've seen it at the drug store. My mom is very fair, flushes easily, and was asking about them.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread