It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Rosacea Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-03-2010, 09:27 PM   #1
(male)

morrks HB User
Itchy skin Itchy head

Hi all,
any suggestions, i have for the past few years suffered with a very itchy head and additionally recently the itching is affecting my legs and shoulders and back of my arms. The head itching is particularly annoying and as i said has been going on for a number of years and i just want it to stop. The doctors have provided me with no answers really. Thought initially it was work related but reading this forum it appears not. There are no lumps or bumps but a few very tiny pinhead spots. Its driving me mad as i am a healthy person.
Please help

Morrks

Old 07-04-2010, 05:15 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

tooolgrl HB Usertooolgrl HB Usertooolgrl HB Usertooolgrl HB Usertooolgrl HB Usertooolgrl HB Usertooolgrl HB Usertooolgrl HB Usertooolgrl HB Usertooolgrl HB Usertooolgrl HB User
Re: Itchy skin Itchy head

Quote:
Originally Posted by morrks View Post
Hi all,
any suggestions, i have for the past few years suffered with a very itchy head and additionally recently the itching is affecting my legs and shoulders and back of my arms. The head itching is particularly annoying and as i said has been going on for a number of years and i just want it to stop. The doctors have provided me with no answers really. Thought initially it was work related but reading this forum it appears not. There are no lumps or bumps but a few very tiny pinhead spots. Its driving me mad as i am a healthy person.
Please help

Morrks
I am sorry I can't really help, only add I suffer the same, intense itching from my head to my toes. Drives me nuts..Good luck!!

Sandra

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-05-2010, 09:52 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

kirstee HB Userkirstee HB Userkirstee HB Userkirstee HB Userkirstee HB Userkirstee HB Userkirstee HB Userkirstee HB Userkirstee HB Userkirstee HB Userkirstee HB User
Re: Itchy skin Itchy head

Hi Morrk,

You are experiencing a typical symptom of FMS and it is one that can drive you nuts! The release of mast cells is responsible for the bulk of your annoying symptoms. Itchy eyes, facial flushing, flushing of the upper torso, and rosacea are one of many outward manifestations of this single process.

Minimize your exposure to heat, alcohol, spicy foods, hot drinks, and hot baths. Cleanse skin with lukewarm water only, pat your skin dry. Do not use any botanicals containing irritating ingredients such as citrus oil or mint. Check your shampoo for any of irritating substances, including alcohol. Pantene works pretty well for me.

I've heard that taking a warm bath in epsom salts, sea salts, and baking soda (1 cup each) helps. Take a shower aftwards to wash off the salt. Use Lac-Hydrin or Aquafor lotion on your skin. Use Benadryl at night to help you sleep.

Take care,
Kirstee

Closed Thread