It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Rosacea Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-21-2010, 08:30 PM   #1
(male)

willowcat HB User
weird feeling on right side of face(sticky feeling)

I desperately need help! this has been a problem for months now and its driving me insane. I have this feeling on the right side my face only on my cheek and around the mouth. it is a very dry feeling and the best way to describe it would be a sticky feeling. it feels like there is honey on my face but its not on the skin its below the skin it seems like. I have been told I have rosacea which Im not sure has anything to do with it. Ive been to two dermatologists and several doctors who have taken x rays of my face and everything seems ok but I still have this "sticky" feeling. I'm constantly wanting to touch it and pull at it and have to stop myself. ANY HELP would be so appreciated I'm getting extremely depressed and this is ruining my life. thanks to anyone who can help in any way.

Old 07-21-2010, 09:32 PM   #2
(male)

willowcat HB User
Re: weird feeling on right side of face(sticky feeling)

if anybody has ANY leads whatsoever on this please please please register and post them....registering takes a couple minutes and I would be forever indebted to you. I would go as far as to give you a cash reward that is how badly I need to find out what this is as it is sending me into a horrible depression.

thank you in advance for any help you can provide.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-22-2010, 11:13 AM   #3
(female)

recovering HB User
Re: I'm always wanting to touch my face because of this strange feeling!

Quote:
Originally Posted by willowcat View Post
I desperately need help! this has been a problem for months now and its driving me insane. I have this feeling on the right side my face only on my cheek and around the mouth. it is a very dry feeling and the best way to describe it would be a sticky feeling. it feels like there is honey on my face but its not on the skin its below the skin it seems like. I have been told I have rosacea which Im not sure has anything to do with it. Ive been to two dermatologists and several doctors who have taken x rays of my face and everything seems ok but I still have this "sticky" feeling. I'm constantly wanting to touch it and pull at it and have to stop myself. ANY HELP would be so appreciated I'm getting extremely depressed and this is ruining my life. thanks to anyone who can help in any way.

Im constantly looking at my face for signs of rosacea its killing me and making me really depressed seeing little red lines progress because I'm only 25 years old and worried about this getting worse as I get older I'm getting bad suicidal thoughts and really worried...
Have you been diagnosed with OCD? Go see a doctor about OCD and about the suicidal thoughts; they'll probably have a lot more insight for you than you could imagine.

Old 07-22-2010, 05:19 PM   #4
(male)

willowcat HB User
Re: I'm always wanting to touch my face because of this strange feeling!

Quote:
Originally Posted by recovering View Post
Have you been diagnosed with OCD? Go see a doctor about OCD and about the suicidal thoughts; they'll probably have a lot more insight for you than you could imagine.

hi I'm actually going to see a counselor in the coming month about ocd. it did start with me worrying about problems with my face which I have now been diagnosed with rosacea. this is horrible frustrating for me as I am a landscaper and everything they tell you not to do when you have rosacea I have to do on a daily basis for work.

I got a laser treatment for a spot on my right cheek around the area that has been giving me this "sticky" feeling. I did however have the feeling before I had the treatment.

I'm terribly confused and I have never had a problem with ocd before only once I started seeing spots and now this feeling which is giving me suicidal thoughts. if I didn't have this feeling in my face that makes me want to touch it I would not be touching it or worried about it at all....

I just want to know if this feeling will ever go away because the suicidal thoughts are coming from the fact that I can't live with this feeling I feel like I can't enjoy anything I always have this sensation in my face that is making me think horrible thoughts like death will be a relief.

Old 09-28-2010, 11:23 PM   #5
(male)

shadowxp21 HB User
Re: weird feeling on right side of face(sticky feeling)

Dear Willow Cat I have a similar problem. Please don't feel depressed, I went to the same and suffer for a year. I used to do microdermabrasion at home, because I have acne scars since teenager. Anyways I use a cheap soap to rinse my face after the treatment, and it felt very tight at first, then after a week it was very dry and stiff. After a month it was very terrible. I felt depressed and anxious all of the sudden. I had trouble breathing, and concentrating. I used to hyperventilate a lot. I went to see a dermatologist and prescribed me a lotion for the dryness of my face. Never understood me until it got really bad and started to affect my health. I could hardly breath, went to the doctor and told me that I had depression, and anxiety. Nobody could ever tell me what was wrong with me. I knew that it had to do with me screwing with my skin. I blocked my pores, and had my face very stiff, and if I used lotion it made it worse. My skin would feel very sticky. I'm just sharing my experience with you. Please just hang in there. Let me know if you want to talk about your problem in details.
Hope to hear from you.
God Bless

Closed Thread