It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Rosacea Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-23-2002, 03:38 AM   #1

Randy HB User
Rosacea "cures" or treatment?

In my search for info. about rosacea, which most of the medical profession seem to know little about, I ran across 2 questionable treatments and wanted to post them and see if anyone has heard of this or has opinions. One is unfiltered vinegar, which the person who states this claims that they haven't had rosacea symptoms since using this twice daily (applying it topically to the affected areas). The other is Gyne-Lotrimin 7, and the person who states this says that Rosacea is caused by a yeast infection(?) and the gyne lotrimin is for treatment of yeast infection. Now, I know that it is a vaginal cream and would feel pretty stupid putting it on my face, but this person claims that they have had success with it. Any thoughts?

Old 04-24-2002, 01:27 AM   #2

dopey_digital HB User
Re: Rosacea "cures" or treatment?

I don't know about the vinegar, but about the Gyne-Lotrimin 7, being a vaginal cleanser...Well I saw this vaginal cleanser that contains Lactic Acid and it claims to heal skin conditions as well, including acne and rosacea. I am too scared to try it on my face right now, but so far, I've applied it on my chest, and it's been doin very well. Lactic acid does contain milk which is a good moisturizer for the face I guess?
Anyways, if you find out any more info, let us know. Peace.

-d0pey 4:20

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-24-2002, 01:49 AM   #3
Inactive

help HB User
Re: Rosacea "cures" or treatment?

Acne Rosecea is know by the traditional dermatology industry as a skin disorder mostly caused by chronic stress.
They don't recognize acne vulgaris as that but rosecea they do.
My suggestion is SR since it would be the best battle plan against something that is known to be caused by stress.

Closed Thread