HealthBoards

HealthBoards (http://www.healthboards.com/boards/)
-   Rosacea (http://www.healthboards.com/boards/rosacea/)
-   -   Ocular Rosacea - what type of doc do u see? (http://www.healthboards.com/boards/rosacea/827345-ocular-rosacea-what-type-doc-do-u-see.html)

kcpie 12-12-2010 04:52 PM

Ocular Rosacea - what type of doc do u see?

I have had alot of problems with my eyes being itchy, stingy, red, water, eyelid irritation, etc. I posted on the eye board about it and came across someone mentioning Ocular Rosacea. I have very minor bouts of Rosacea here and there and I found a link that explained more about it and I have 90%of the symptoms.

My eye doc after a series of drops and 3 months of visits almost weekly believes it is allergy. I was intent on seeing an allergist but after learning about Ocular Rosacea, I'm think maybe I need to see a dermatologist.

Does anyone have this problem, and if so, what type of doc did you see about it?

Grehound27 12-18-2010 04:47 PM

Re: Ocular Rosacea - what type of doc do u see?

I went to my opthomologist and was treated with a low dosage antibiotic and drops.

Dave

kcpie 12-19-2010 10:23 AM

[QUOTE=Grehound27;4643994]I went to my opthomologist and was treated with a low dosage antibiotic and drops.

Dave[/QUOTE]

Did that work for you? Did he dx you with ocular rosacea?

Grehound27 12-19-2010 10:41 AM

[QUOTE=kcpie;4644338]Did that work for you? Did he dx you with ocular rosacea?[/QUOTE]
Yes it did and after 3 check-ups all is well!!

Dave

kcpie 12-19-2010 07:14 PM

[QUOTE=Grehound27;4644348]Yes it did and after 3 check-ups all is well!!

Dave[/QUOTE]

Glad to hear it :) I've gone through 5 different drops including a steriod, to no avail. My eye doc suggested I see a dermatologist. Maybe an antibiotic is what I really need. My appointment is Dec. 23rd. Hopefully I'll get some answers one way or another.

Do you still have rosacea of the face tho?

Grehound27 12-23-2010 06:19 PM

Do you still have rosacea of the face tho?

Very minor on top bridge of nose.....hardly able to see. Good luck and Merry Christmas.

Dave

kcpie 12-24-2010 08:34 AM

You're lucky, that sounds very minor.

I went to a dermatologist yesterday and he told me only an opthamalogist can treat ocular rosacea. He did however say that my eye problem "could be" ocular rosacea. Not a huge help. He gave me Eletone cream to put on my eyelids and around my eyes for the itching and dryness. So if off to a new ohthamologist next week. Oh the co-pays are just never ending :(

Grehound27 12-25-2010 03:24 PM

Wouldn't trust a dermatologist with my eyes, good look with another eye doc.....they see this quite often according to mine.

Good luck.

Dave