It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Rosacea Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-30-2011, 10:13 AM   #1
(female)

reginaalear HB Userreginaalear HB Userreginaalear HB User
Foundation & skin care for redness?

I have redness & broken Capillaries from Rosacea and need some suggestions for a good foundation as well as some skin care that will help to keep the redness down. I really hate having all this redness in my face, but I can't seem to cover it up very well so that I can feel better about myself. I'm willing to look at Drug store products as well as high end if it's something that helps. Thanks for any help!

The following user gives a hug of support to reginaalear:
azis555 (02-10-2011)
Old 01-30-2011, 12:31 PM   #2
(female)

emmie 49 HB User
Re: Foundation & skin care for redness?

Hi there, I also suffer from facial redness and broken caps, it has been the bain of my life. Try Clinique Redness Solutions foundation, it is very good, gives great coverage but does not look cakey and does not settle in lines, I was very impressed with it. Good skincare range if Ren they do a whole range just for sensitive skin with no nasties in it, I use it and love it in fact I think it has reduced my redness.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-30-2011, 04:47 PM   #3
(female)

Thank you I will try that. Have you tried the Redness solutions powder? I'm wondering how well that works and if it's worth the price.

Old 01-30-2011, 11:52 PM   #4
(female)

emmie 49 HB User

Hi there

No I haven't tried the powder but the whole redness solutions range does look good. I have spent a fortune of foundations Chanel,Bare essential,Mac, Estee Lauder plus more I cant think right now, and all have proved thick and cakey.

You may fine you dont need the powder with the foundation as it just sinks in and really does look natural (believe me, I test it in all lights with a 10x magnification mirror).

Let me know if you try and what you think?

Last edited by moderator2; 01-31-2011 at 06:00 AM.

Old 01-31-2011, 05:41 AM   #5
(female)

I'm in the US. I can get a sample of it from my local counter so I'm going to go try that today. I'll let you know how I like it. I've also tried everything from Revlon to Estee Lauder, Dior, Make up forever, Laura Mercier (which is as close to the best I've found so far) to YSL and like you said the list goes on. I've noticed the price of the Clinique is pretty good so I'm excited to try it. I hope they have a color to match my skin tone.

Old 01-31-2011, 05:55 AM   #6
(female)

emmie 49 HB User

Great, let me know how it goes...................Good luck x

Old 01-31-2011, 08:51 AM   #7
Senior Veteran
(female)

pupcake HB Userpupcake HB Userpupcake HB Userpupcake HB Userpupcake HB Userpupcake HB Userpupcake HB Userpupcake HB Userpupcake HB Userpupcake HB Userpupcake HB User

I love redness reducing primer by Ulta or smashbox.

It goes on under your foundation, makes the foundation go on smoother and hides the red.

Pup

Old 02-10-2011, 09:45 AM   #8
(male)

azis555 HB User

hi , I have been reading about using light as in infrared or blue light for redness and skin damage. I wonder if you or anyone else here has tried that method of treatment . Mostly I have sun damage. thanks

Old 02-10-2011, 10:03 AM   #9
(female)

JulieDe HB User

Regina,
I also have a ruddy complexion. I recently switched to Olay skin care. I use the eye serum in the morning, then apply a tinted moisturizer which seems to cover the redness very well. I also apply Laura Geller's baked foundation in Fair and it really sets things. Olay is affordable and LG is a little pricey but it lasts a very long time.
HTH

MS/Depression/Breast Red in April 2010

Old 06-15-2011, 09:40 AM   #10
(female)

Sunrisechic HB User

I have been using Clinique makeup for 25 years..The Redness Solution is perfect for Roseaca....

Closed Thread