It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Rosacea Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-01-2011, 11:06 AM   #1
(female)

star8527 HB User
what should i wash my face with

The cetaphil burns when I use it on my cheeks. What should I use instead?

Old 02-11-2011, 03:46 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

Misty800 HB UserMisty800 HB UserMisty800 HB UserMisty800 HB UserMisty800 HB UserMisty800 HB UserMisty800 HB UserMisty800 HB UserMisty800 HB UserMisty800 HB UserMisty800 HB User
Re: what should i wash my face with

Try Neutrogena cleanser, it is mild and PH balanced.

If you have dry skin, try Jojoba Oil for a moisturizer. It is called an oil, however, my research indicates it is a wax similar to what the skin produces. It is working well for me and does not clog the pores.

The new topical medication Avar-e I was prescribed recently seems to be reducing the redness. This is a prescription containing an antibiotic plus sulfer. It is my understanding the antibiotic reduces the inflammation casued by Rosacea.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-11-2011, 07:49 PM   #3
Veteran
(female)

curly fry HB Usercurly fry HB Usercurly fry HB Usercurly fry HB Usercurly fry HB User

Jojoba is supposed to be really good. Like Misty mentioned, it is one of the only oils (or only oil) that resembles the skins natural sebum. And I dunno if this was just all in my head, but, if you're not vegan/ vegetarian, Emu oil is REALLY good. It's supposedly the only (or one of the only) oils that penetrates the 7 layers of the skin. But from personal use, I actually found that it did keep my (mild) rosacea controlled. I didn't have many flushing incidents and my skin seemed neutral in color. But I don't for sure if it was the oil (although I've heard people with Rosacea have used it and felt a difference). I can't ever tell if a specific product is working or not. I feel like that's so much variables that I can't make an assessment like that. BUT, Emu oil is really good for the skin so I kept using it. But when I ran out, I used Jojoba and really liked it too. Plus, Jojoba oil is cheaper than Emu oil.

Old 03-11-2011, 11:04 PM   #4
(female)

alpinemeadow HB Useralpinemeadow HB Useralpinemeadow HB User

Thanks for the ideas, I will have to try jojoba oil. I would have never thought of it. Also, the emu oil, I wonder where one gets that.

Now for my input. I tried many cleansers before I found one that I liked. what I am using now is Aveeno ultra-calming cleanser (with naturally occuring feverfew) which supposedly calms down the redness. It does seem to help. Before the aveeno I tried everything, including baby products, and even they were too much, turning my skin red and causing the red bumps to continually appear for days even after I stopped using the product.

Everyone is different and you just have to keep experimenting with products till you find one that your skin likes. I know it can be expensive though, you buy one product, use it one time and shelve it if it causes a reaction. One thing to keep in mind, though, with rosacea, you never know what you might have been exposed to or even eaten during the day that may have contributed to a flare up, and it may not be the product at all.

Old 10-08-2011, 12:42 PM   #5
(female)

linda417 HB User

Cetaphil Restoraderm for Eczema is the only product I can use on my face. I hope this helps you.

Old 10-08-2011, 01:05 PM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)

slenderella HB Userslenderella HB Userslenderella HB Userslenderella HB Userslenderella HB Userslenderella HB Userslenderella HB Userslenderella HB Userslenderella HB Userslenderella HB Userslenderella HB User

My daughter uses CeraVe for her rosacea. Like you, the Cetaphil was not a good match for her skin.

Reply Reply