It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Rosacea Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-12-2011, 04:53 PM   #1
(female)

linda417 HB User
Mineral Makeup hurts my skin

Hello! I have rosacea/seborrheic dermatitis, and find that mineral makeup hurts my skin. They claim zinc oxide and titanium dioxide are good ingredients for this condition. I find that they are either too drying, or the small, fine particles are cutting into my skin. My face ends up red and sore. It's so strange and frustrating!! Anyone else have this problem? Any suggestions or ideas about irritating and/or good ingredients would be appreciated.

Old 10-13-2011, 06:55 AM   #2
Veteran
(female)

curly fry HB Usercurly fry HB Usercurly fry HB Usercurly fry HB Usercurly fry HB User
Re: Mineral Makeup hurts my skin

Then don't use it!! . First time I ever tried foundation was Bare Minerals. My face would itch when I wore it and I would try to soothe it by rubbing my face. That made it feel better, but essentially, what I was doing was removing the make up. I thought it was cause my face was a 'virgin' and I just wasn't used to wearing make up. I used the whole set (which lasted a year cause I'm not a frequent make up wearing) before noticing it was the makeup. After researching, I discovered that many people are allergic to mineral makeup (the bismuth oxychloride). This ingredient is in a lot of mineral makeup, but not all. Not sure if this is your issue, but try another brand of mineral makeup that doesn't contain the bismuth. Everyday Mineral was a decent alternative. But now a days, I just use the Clinique rosacea line. I have mild rosacea so it's ok for me. And if I start to flush, I just run to the bathroom and reapply (keep it on me at all times). I prefer liquid though. I think all that rubbing and swirling with the mineral makeup is harsh on my skin!!

Last edited by mod85; 10-13-2011 at 07:00 AM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Reply Reply