It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Rosacea Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-03-2011, 04:22 PM   #1
(male)

skullknight10 HB User
Redness Won't Go Away

Ok so I have gone to the doctor for this and they told me they can't do anything for me because they don't know what it is. It's really frustrating when I felt that my salvation from this would be a doctor then I finally go and they tell me they don't know. So I turn to here hoping that someone is effected like myself. Anyway the problem....

For the past 3 or 4 years now I have had an issue where out of nowhere, at any time of the day and for no explainable reason my face gets bright bright bright red and stays that way for at least 2-4hrs before going away. This is an every day occurrence if not multiple times a day. The only areas that have ever been affected by this are my ears and cheek bone zone. The doctors told me they don't think its Rosacea because I don't have any bumps/acne/hardening of the skin where the redness is. I asked if it could be pre-Rosacea and they said they don't know...helpful right? All it does is get bright red and feels very hot like the area is on fire. It's very embarrassing because I never know when it will happen and it has caused me to become more and more of a hermit because I am so embarrassed by it. When it happens the more I think about it the worst it seems to get and it's kind hard not to think about it when people are staring at you. I have very sensitive facial skin so I like to think I take good care of it using moisturizers and Cetaphil daily face cleanser. I don't know what to do anymore and ive about had it. It's caused me to miss so many things and affected my life way too much. Can anyone help?

The Following User Says Thank You to skullknight10 For This Useful Post:
Rorer714 (10-23-2012)
Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-12-2011, 02:04 PM   #2
(male)

RonB1111 HB User
Re: Redness Won't Go Away

Did you see a dermatologist? A year ago my GP diagnosed me with rosacea but the Rx given made it worse so I was referred to a dermatologist. She dropped the original med and gave me 2 new Rx's - one for the redness and one for the red bumps. My impression was you could have one or the other or both symptoms. After a couple months on the new Rx's she did a laser treatment - the combination of treatments have substantially toned down the redness & bump symptoms.

Old 11-12-2011, 04:07 PM   #3
(male)

tpwolf6 HB Usertpwolf6 HB User
Re: Redness Won't Go Away

I know how you feel! I have had this condition all of my adult life. I have been discouraged as you are, IT'S IMBRASSING as well as uncomfortable. From everything I can find out it is due to the blood vessels being very close to the surface of the skin, so as you get tired or low on energy your heart tries to jump up to help you with your lack of energy. By it pumping your blood flow up to help you the veins in your face expand, RED FACE. It always comes if I'm tired or if I have a drink or two I lite up like a light bulb, Good Luck, Hope this helped you understand the problem? At least your friends know when you are tired!!!! Your Friend, tpwolf6

Reply Reply