It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Rosacea Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-09-2012, 02:06 PM   #1
(female)

shihtzulover HB User
Maybe Rosacea?

Hi Everyone,

After many visits to several different dermatology offices, I saw a new dermatologist today, and he diagnosed me with an inflammatory pimple-like rash. He never used the word rosacea, but he gave me samples of and a prescription for Oracea.

I have had issues with an acne-like rash all over my chest for almost eight years now (since I was 17). It is chronic, although I was able to find relief with 10% benzoyl peroxide cream at first. That actually worked for years, until I moved to a place with city water. Instantly, the pimples multiplied like crazy and nothing would help. Sulfur cream helped a bit for awhile, but I started having a really bad allergic reaction to it.

I moved back to my parents' house with well water, and it cleared up within a week (well, I still had to use the acne cream every few nights, but other than that, I usually stayed clear). I'm back in a city again now, and again I have this horrible rash.

I am not convinced that this is rosacea or anything similar, because I was prescribed a topical clindamycin liquid not too long ago, and it didn't help at all. I may as well have been using absolutely nothing. Wouldn't it have done something if this were rosacea?

The pimples are small and red, and they often get white heads/pus on top of them - but they are never deep or cyst-like. They usually don't hurt (unless I let them get out of control and then a few of them get tender) and they never itch. It seems like they pop up in groups, and then spread, from the top of my breasts to almost my neck.

What do you guys think? I have no problem trying the Oracea, except I'm a little bit concerned about the side effects. I read that tooth discoloration is common, but does that only occur in children whose teeth are still developing, or is this something that I will still have to worry about?

Thank you in advance for the advice. I truly appreciate it!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-14-2012, 08:07 AM   #2
(female)

karensmith HB User
Re: Maybe Rosacea?

It could be... I was diagnosed with rosacea with similar discription. Sounds like it could be an enviromental issue as well. I would start with a moisturizer with a sunscreen protective. I was later diagnosed with polymorphic light eruption and cutaneous lupus. Do you have pain in the joints or other symptoms?

Reply Reply