It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Rosacea Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-19-2012, 10:33 AM   #1
(male)

onelovelove HB Useronelovelove HB User
(Mental supports needed) Male with a mildly red nose

Hey Guys,

I am a male, new to this forum, hoping I could gain some mental supports by hearing everyone's else stories.

So what is bothering me now is that whether or not having a few tiny dilated vessels on my nose(very tiny, like a network within a 1mm radius) necessarily means that I have rosacea? I have been seen by 2 doctors and was diagnosed as "seborrheic dermatitis". My nose does not swell all the time. If it does, it is mainly when the temperature is very hot. The nose has been like that since I was 16 years old.

I have read about the 3 stages thing online and am horrified that i would later in my life end up having lots of bumps on my nose. I am so depressed thinking about it and feeling my life is gonna end. (I am living in a very crowded city where people living here are cruel and insensitive) I can't afford looking like one of those men that show up on google pictures after typing "rosacea" as search words. (Sorry to say that. I don't mean it)

My question is that if it is normal to have dilated blood vessels on your nose while not having rosacea?

Last edited by onelovelove; 04-19-2012 at 10:42 AM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-22-2012, 07:12 AM   #2
(male)

Re: (Mental supports needed) Male with a mildly red nose

Quote:
Originally Posted by onelovelove View Post
Hey Guys,

I am a male, new to this forum, hoping I could gain some mental supports by hearing everyone's else stories.

So what is bothering me now is that whether or not having a few tiny dilated vessels on my nose(very tiny, like a network within a 1mm radius) necessarily means that I have rosacea? I have been seen by 2 doctors and was diagnosed as "seborrheic dermatitis". My nose does not swell all the time. If it does, it is mainly when the temperature is very hot. The nose has been like that since I was 16 years old.

I have read about the 3 stages thing online and am horrified that i would later in my life end up having lots of bumps on my nose. I am so depressed thinking about it and feeling my life is gonna end. (I am living in a very crowded city where people living here are cruel and insensitive) I can't afford looking like one of those men that show up on google pictures after typing "rosacea" as search words. (Sorry to say that. I don't mean it)

My question is that if it is normal to have dilated blood vessels on your nose while not having rosacea?
Am I destined to have a disfigured nose later in my life?

Will there be a cure soon?

I read that UCSD had a research breakthrough on the causes of rosacea in 2008. When would we have medicine for cure?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-22-2012, 10:58 PM   #3
(male)

Re: (Mental supports needed) Male with a mildly red nose

Hey Guys,
I just bought Aloe Vera 100% gel with Vitamin E.
I think it would be quite useful in helping the symptoms at least delaying it to progress.
They claim to have 2 things: anti-skin inflammation,oil-control.

I suggest you guys use it if the current medicine do not help.

Reply Reply