It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Rosacea Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-18-2012, 12:22 PM   #1
(male)

chicagoguy1982 HB User
Glandular Rosacea

Hello,

I believe I have glandular rosacea, which was defined by MDs a few years ago as a phenotype of Rosacea in a paper published in the Journal of Dermatology (see link below). I have very oily skin, with inflammatory lesions (papules, pustules, and deep nodules) mainly on cheeks and chin. Also, I've had issues with acne since I was 15 and have thick skin, large pores and sebaceous hyperplasia (all common in glandular rosacea). I believe that excessive blood flow on the face is the major cause of my inflammatory lesions. I am 30 years old now and weight about 200 lbs. I've been on many topicals and the only thing that seems to work for me is isotretinoin. However, the doctor now has me on a high dose (80 mg/day) on my 4th month and it seems to be worsening the lesions. When I was taking a lower dosage (40 mg), at the beginning of treatment, my lesions cleared up in a matter of weeks. As the doctor upped the dosage, my condition has been deteriorating. I will be seeing him in a couple of days to suggest a reduction in the dosage, to maybe 20 mg.

Has anyone had experience with glandular rosacea and an effective treatment for it?

I don't get them on my forehead very regularly.

Last edited by hb-mod; 08-18-2012 at 01:54 PM. Reason: Please don't post unapproved website links, or recommend Internet searches, per Posting Policy. Thanks.

The following user gives a hug of support to chicagoguy1982:
natureboy700 (08-29-2012)
Reply Reply