It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Rosacea Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-23-2003, 06:19 AM   #1

This is not creative HB User
Unhappy Rosacea at 17?

Recently (very recently) I've noticed some red blotches. Well...alright, it's not a blotch, exactly...it's kind of hard to explain. On my right cheek near my nose, there's a spot that gets red. But it only happens when I get out of the shower, or after I wash my face. And after a little bit, it goes down and you can hardly tell. My guess is, I'm rubbing that spot too hard when I wash my face because that's usually the area what I concentrate on (out of habit.) But it happens after I get out of the shower and haven't washed my face, too. Though those seem to be the only times it occurs. My skin is dry, so I was thinking that could have to do with it.

I looked up symptoms to Rosacea, and I don't have any stinging or burning, or anything like that. I also haven't noticed blushing, or my face flushing easily. And when I do blush, it doesn't seem to stay for a long period of time. Plus, isn't 17 fairly young to be getting this? I have trouble with acne, and I've been washing my face for a number of years now, so I was thinking maybe that has to do with it. Those 2 spots (on the left and right side of my face, right by my nose) have always been sensitive spots when it comes to drying out. It just seems that that one spot (and a little bit on the left cheek) are getting red.

Any help? Thanks.

[This message has been edited by This is not creative (edited 05-23-2003).]

Closed Thread