It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Rosacea Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-04-2003, 07:08 PM   #1

rhienhold HB User
Question rosacea skin care

I have done the research on rosacea, and I am fairly confident that I have it. I am a 20 year old male and, first of all, isn't this a little young to get this condition, I keep reading it happens to middle aged people, but I have been flaring up for years already.
Secondly, I still get pimples with frequency (mostly around my chin), and often have oily skin on my nose. I treat this with the normal anti-acne cleasers and treatments such as Clearasil, however this just makes the rest of my face incredibly dry, and probably more prone to flaring up. Does anyone know how to treat these greasy pimples on otherwise very dry and sensitive skin?

Thank you

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-06-2003, 08:18 AM   #2

FlushPuppy HB User
You want to go to the doctor mate. I have flushing/blushing and spots (pimples). They will most likely prescribe you a tetracycline derivative of drug that will help the pimples within a few months (should see results in 6-8 weeks!). Doxytetracylcine is what I am on and been on it for 3 months and it does help. 100 mg a day once a day, simple to take.

Should help with inflammation of rosacea but not with any flushing you are experiencing, least not with mine anyway.

Laser therapy is apparently new thing for this horrible condition. By the way I am 20 as well as was convinced it was rosacea but apparently mine isnt, its acne and blushing/flushng probs. Derm says give it time... who knows. i recommend seeing a doctor/dermatologist.
Puppy

------------------
If I were perfect I'd probably be so imperfected.

[This message has been edited by moderator2 (edited 09-06-2003).]

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-06-2003, 06:25 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

twokatss HB User
I have been suffering with this problem for 20 years now. I finally found a bit of help by using SPECTRO DERM. It is fragrance free soap alternative. You can buy it in any drug store or Walmart has it too. I also use an astringent--alcohol free---on my face with a cotton pad 2 times a day. That keeps the pores open. Hope this helps you a bit.

Closed Thread