It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Sarcoidosis Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-10-2004, 10:13 PM   #1
(female)

LaurieCrochets HB User
Sarcoidosis but SEVERE MUSCLE SPASMS

Hello,
I have Sarcoidosis, a disease that causes inflammation in any or many parts of the body, etc.
I have sclerosis in the sacroiliac joint, that could be caused by the Sarcoidosis.
I have severe muscle spasms in my back, in the kidney area, and in the low back. I cannot live without muscle relaxers. I take Zanaflex 2mg every 2 hours. It is not working any longer. If I double it to 4mg, there is no difference. Now I have a rubber-band feeling around my rib cage which is very bothersome. I must use a walker to walk. My low back tightens severely and painful, and it goes down into my thighs. I look like a stiff puppet when trying to walk. My calfs are okay. I waddle when trying to walk that way. I cannot stand for more than 1-2 minutes, then my muscles tighten again, and down I will go if I have nothing to hold me up. I sit on my walker in the kitchen in order to cook, as I have no choice. Shorts little spurts around the house from furniture to furniture to hold onto is okay to walk around, sometimes.
My family Dr first suspected MS. I kind of had that ruled out with MRI. Now my Rheumy suspected MS, but read my MRI report and said NO.
My grandmother on my father's side, has a siister who has MS. I have read that it is not necessarily (see, I cannot think of the word) family related?? If that makes sense??? Yes, I am always forgetting words, they are on the tip of my tongue, and I can't think of them. My husband is VERY familiar with this! Another example is I take 2 words, and mix the first letters of each word. Say I am going to say this: The pen cap, I will say the cen pac.
I just went to type a word just now, and switched the first 2 letters around! These are the symptoms I have found to be somewhat related to MS?? But without lesions showing on the MRI, I would not have it?? My MRI showed several 'prominent Virchow-Robbin spaces'. I do have hemangioma lesions on my spinal cord, per the MRI.
My question is, what are your opinions? Most in particular about the muscle spasms and not being able to walk??
I have been desperate in trying to figure out why I have such terrible muscle spasms in my back, and now the rubber band feeling around my ribs. Any help is soooooo appreciated!!
Thanks!
Laurie

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-10-2004, 10:20 PM   #2
(female)

LaurieCrochets HB User
Re: Sarcoidosis but SEVERE MUSCLE SPASMS

Hi again!
I forgot a few things! I have heat intolerance as many of my what are Sarcoid related symptoms get worse. I absolutely cannot tolerate heat at all. My head shakes to the right when I lay down to go to sleep. Very dizzy at times, and also sometimes feel like I am on an elevator.
Anyway, that's all for now, for what it is worth???
Laurie

Old 12-10-2004, 10:45 PM   #3
(female)

LaurieCrochets HB User
Re: Sarcoidosis but SEVERE MUSCLE SPASMS

See how good my memory is!!! I did forget! Balance!! I walk into the walls ALL the time. It is not from the meds, as I did it before meds as well. From the meds, I am not driving right now. It seems as if I cannot judge 'depth'?? I overshoot or undershoot. I also asked the Dr to write me a script stating I cannot drive right now because of the drowsiness/dizziness from the meds. I was concerned not only for myself, but for others as well. I admit, I have fallen asleep 1 time while driving, but woke back up asap, and have so many 'almosts'.

Closed Thread