It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Sarcoidosis Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-18-2005, 05:58 AM   #1
(female)

rh1 HB User
Sarcoidosis and CT scans

Can anyone give me any advice?
At the end of last year my oh had severe pain in his ankles which had swollen up and he developed a rash on his legs, after lots of visits to the Dr and hospital they eventually decided he had sarcoidosis, he has been for a couple of x-rays and blood tests and isn't taking any meds, they seemed to think he was getting better and gave him an appointment for later in July (which we took as a good sign thinking it would have been sooner) at his last hospital visit they said he had an enlarged liver which from what i had read was consistent with the diagnosis, however this morning we have had a letter saying that the consultant has recomended he go for a CT scan in June, have worked myself up into a real state now, can anyone tell me if it is common practice for a CT scan to be done for Sarcoidosis? I know earlier in the year one of the blood tests came back showing up something ?? but am now really worried that the most recent ones have found something really serious. Any ideas?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-02-2005, 05:02 PM   #2
(male)

cajunboy HB User
Re: Sarcoidosis and CT scans

I have had numerous x-rays for sarcoidosis, but rarely CT scans, until recently, when they found a "mass" in my left lung. I have had CTs for other reasons which have shown the sarcoids, but for the ones in my lungs, they usually do an x-ray.

Is this a new diagnosis, or something that he has had for awhile? As I understand it, the "seriousness" of sarcoidosis progresses rather slow. If it is in the lungs it may cause some difficulty breathing. I have it all throughout my body, abdomen and chest cavity primarily. I have been dealing with this for over 20 years. I certainly would not get too upset about the ordering of a CT scan. Wait until all the results are in and what they are proposing to do. The only treatment I ever had (and that I ever heard was used) was to be put on corticosteroids (prednisone, etc.). It is a strong anti-inflammatory.

I wish you well and much peace!

cb

The following user gives a hug of support to cajunboy:
SOUTASTAN (07-16-2011)
Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread