It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Sarcoidosis Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-24-2006, 11:17 AM   #1
Inactive
(female)

mirandarose HB User
Question What is sarcoidosis and it's symptoms?

I have some of the symptoms, the one's I have read up on anyways. I had chest x-rays done two months ago(7-30-06).They were normal. Do you have to have breathing problems to have sarcoid? I have persistent swollen lymph nodes for about a year and pleurisy. Any info. would be appreciated. Thanks.

Old 11-21-2006, 03:57 PM   #2
(female)

nearlyoap HB User
Smile Re: What is sarcoidosis and it's symptoms?

Hi I have had Sarcoidosis since 1992 and it is an auto immune illness with lesions similar to tuberculosis but Sarcoidosis is not infectious to other people. It does present itself in many different ways and in lots of different organs of the body. Although it is usually diagnosed by a chest xray as it is nearly always shown up by lesions growing on the lungs, I also had a skin biopsy on my nose, lip and cheek and from inside the nostril as it started out as a possible cold sore or cyst on the tip of my nose. This proved there was granulomous tissue present but I have never had any breathing problems just very red skin on my nose (I use a medical camouflage cream) and my nose gets swollen whenever I get a flare up. I also have a bone cyst/lesion in the joint of one finger and one toe. I keep the symptoms at bay by taking 2.5mg Methotrexate weekly (one tablet) + folic acid tablet daily. I did start by taking Prednisolone (Steroids) but they didn't suit me, made my hair fall out so had to come off them. Bexause of taking Methotrexate regularly I have to have blood tests every 3 months also an ECG as lesions can grow around the heart tissue also can grow in the eyes. I am very fortunate as I never seem to get many symptoms and lead a normal life but have to have 4 monthly hospital check ups. Hope this helps - where have they told you they have found the sarcoidosis in your body? Kind regards

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread