It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Sarcoidosis Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-03-2007, 02:19 AM   #1
(female)

RaysMom HB User
Sarcoidosis vs. dangerous & polluted environment

Since no one seems to know what causes Sarcoid and we know there is no cure. I was wondering if anyone was of my same opinion. If not, i'd like to hear yours - It is my believe that i contracted this disease after working, living and breathing in a very dangerous & polluted environment for 20 years. I lived in a small town that had a Major mining company polluting the air and worked for the #1 poultry producer (same town) that had major environmental issues as well. Both of these co's were fined millions yearly because they weren't up to code. They paid their fines each yr, upgraded their equipment to pass inspection (temporarily) and let loose to continue harming the environment of course until the next inspection and the next fine and so on and so on. However, it is also my belief that I could have already had an already weakend immune system which could have been a contributing factor for my intolerance to the toxic environment. So i'm of the opinion that if my lungs were in fact already weakend, then the environment may have been what influenced my sarcoidosis. DON'T WORRY..... i'm not hating on these co's (maybe those that regulate environmental contol) but.... None the less - does anyone else share my opinion or theory to how they contracted their disease??? Whether it be by toxic quality air or just a small shop that involves welding or something else environmentally dangerous? I've done alot of research - but i'm just one..... and i'd certainly like to know what you think may have caused your sarcoid.
Thanks,
Susan

Last edited by RaysMom; 11-03-2007 at 02:21 AM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-04-2007, 06:00 PM   #2
(female)

Princess05247 HB User
Thumbs up Re: Sarcoidosis vs. dangerous & polluted environment

I have sarcoid in the lungs too. I used to live in AZ where there is alot of dust storms. I think i got it when i was in my 20's. Even though i didn't get diagnosed till i was 41. My doctor said i could have breathed in something toxic. I feel with the combination of that and the pollution that's how i got it. I wished doctors knew more about this disease. So i'm with you on the environment possibly causing it.

Old 11-06-2007, 09:06 AM   #3
(female)

linda71 HB User
Re: Sarcoidosis vs. dangerous & polluted environment

I also have Sarcoid. I was diagnosed with emphysema about 8/9 years ago and put on disability. Recently they discovered the Sarcoid. I worked in a chemical plant but in the office building not where they were made. I routinely had to do inspections on these buildings and you could also smell the chemicals outside of the buildings. I also believe that there is a genetic factor. My grandmother, aunt and mother all had a cough that was constant. I do not have the cough but I quit smoking about 5 yrs. ago so that could be a reason. I too wish they knew more about this disease. They discovered mine from a biopsy done on nodules in two parts of my lungs. If you find out any more info on Sarcoid please post it.

Closed Thread