It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Sarcoidosis Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-21-2011, 12:30 PM   #1
(female)

rdahn HB User
Newly diagnosed w/Sarcoidosis, Disability

I have just been diagnosed with Sarcoidosis with Idiopathic Fibrosing Mediastinitis. Since my CT scan in 2008 my new diagnosis was detected by a new CT scan and shows that the disease has progressed to my spleen (scaring due to granulomas) and they also detected probably renal cysts. I will be seen again in 6 months with another CT to see if it has progressed any futher. No treatment as of now. I have been on oxygen due my shortness of breath and the collapse of my left upper lobe in my left lung and partial collapse in my right lung. Other disagnosis: joint pain (arthritis), GERD, COPD. I don't know what the future brings for me all I know is that there is no cure and limited treatments available. If anyone else has any information or comments on this disease, all would be appreciated.

The following user gives a hug of support to rdahn:
diane1940 (05-24-2011)
Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-24-2011, 05:34 PM   #2
(female)

diane1940 HB User
Smile Re: Newly diagnosed w/Sarcoidosis, Disability

Hi Deae, I don't know alot about this desease but my daughter was diagnosed with it 5 years ago, It got pretty bad with different symtoms but the good news is that although there is no cure, it does wax and wean, Get s better and worse at different times. She has b een in remission and is very lucky . I just want you to know that there is a chance it can go into remission,Too bad they only grant money to study some deseases and not others,. My thought s are with you, I am new to this board but I can tell there is alot of moral support here'
Diane

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread