It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Sarcoidosis Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-21-2011, 10:27 AM   #1
(female)

Mum2boys HB User
Lupus pernio and sarcoidosis?

Hi,

I was diagnosed in 2008 with Lupus Pernio on my fingers by a skin biopsy, which was said to have found granulomas. My fingers would swell around the knuckles and I would develop splinter like sores - purpley red in colour. I had two chest xrays taken which came back normal. I was prescribed a corticosteroid ointment for the inflammation on my fingers and it cleared up after a few weeks.

Over the last year, I've started experiencing a host of other symptoms. In February of this year, my hands swelled up again after 3 years of being in remission. Along with this, my nose has a red rash which responds to tetracycline but as soon as i stop taking meds, it reappears. Fatigue has taken over my life, Im getting muscle and joint pain - migrating...very like flu pain that comes on randomly for a time and disappears for a few weeks only to reappear again...my ankles, knees, hands, wrists, hips and lower back seem to affected the worst. A sciatica like pain that comes and goes...constant muscle fasiculation (twitching), occasional muscle weakness, neurological symptoms like pins and needles, tingling, stiffness. Memory problems. Occasional shortness of breath and pain out my lungs...feeling like Im developing a chest cold. Eye pain that comes and goes...more like a stinging cold sensation in eyes. the list goes on...

Because I have been diagnosed with Lupus pernio which i have read is associated with sarcoidosis...could these symptoms be signs of sarcoidosis?

Im due to see a consultant rheumatologist in 2 wks.....Im 28.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread