It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Sarcoidosis Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-07-2011, 01:58 PM   #1
(female)

JustTryin HB User
Unhappy Scared & Tired

Hi - I'm new so please bear with me. I have had Stage IV sarcoidosis for 13 years and have managed fairly well after learning new ways to adapt to this disease. Lately a few more health issues have come along and now I'm scared and nervous. So I notice everything about myself more - heart rate, blood pressure, shaking, not sleeping well - and I know I'm just more nervous than usual. Oh by the way, OCD was diagnosed 20 years ago along with anxiety & depression which I do take meds for and have done fairly well, also. So, I have to take new medicine and I hate it! I don't like change, I don't like the thought of side effects of something new and I don't like worrying! I trust my doctors but I feel like I've had enough. Some positive support is what I am seeking - please help!

The following user gives a hug of support to JustTryin:
aftermyownheart (10-07-2011)
The Following User Says Thank You to JustTryin For This Useful Post:
PLUMBERRICK (05-08-2012)
Old 10-07-2011, 02:06 PM   #2
(female)

aftermyownheart HB User
Re: Scared & Tired

I hope you find someone to help. I m only on here trying to find help for a relative who s just been diagnosed with scarcoidosis......keep your chin up.there are so many kind people on here x

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-02-2012, 02:42 PM   #3
(female)

Sarky HB User
Re: Scared & Tired

The best relief I've ever gotten from Sarcoid was to quit letting it become my life. I was where you are now, for nearly four years. The not knowing what's next, the sudden new symptoms, the weakness, the weariness, the stress!
Then one day I simply decided that sarcoid was not going to define me. I forced myself to learn new 'hobbies," that would keep my mind working, and keep the sarcoid worries away--for at least awhile. When I say I "forced" myself, I am serious. If you want relief, ya gotta work for it....but it is worth it! Make yourself put sarcoid on the back burner...remain positive, count the blessings you do have....use all your resources; not just doctors and message boards, but your friends, your family, and yourself. Build the you that you want to be....look up....start with doing this for an hour; you will be able to increase the time away from thinking about it as you plug activities into time slots previously bestowed upon yucky sarcoid....or other illness....say, "yep, I've got some illnesses in me, and I can't do some things I used to do..but look what I CAN do!"
...now go do it, and the best of health and luck to you...

Reply Reply