It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Sarcoidosis Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-07-2013, 04:56 PM   #1
(male)

nyjets HB User
diagnosed about 1 yr ago with Sarcoidosis

I was diagnosed about a year ago with Sarcoidosis. I feel like all i do is go to the doctors. I was put on Advair but that just makes my throat dry. I only seem to have a cough for around 3 to 4 months a year. I have to go for another biopsy in the next few days. I just want to know if there is anything anyone who was diagnosed with this has done to prevent it from coming back or to fight it. Has anyone had problems with there vision from this because that is another thing they are looking at for me?

Old 01-12-2013, 07:42 AM   #2
(female)

june0527 HB User
Re: diagnosed about 1 yr ago with Sarcoidosis

I understand how tiresome it feels to constantly have medical appointments! I've had sarcoidosis since 1998, but it wasn't particularly active until 2010. Yes, sarcoidosis can affect the eyes, but several of the medications prescribed for treating it can also cause eye problems and require regular monitoring (dilation of the eyes). I believe the most obvious symptom from sarcoid in the eyes is light sensitivity. My advice is to try not to worry too much, but do keep monitoring the disease even if it only bothers you 3-4 months a year. When sarcoid becomes very active it can do all kinds of damage, but with monitoring and treatment it need not progress significantly.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-24-2013, 01:17 PM   #3
(female)

lakekitty HB User
Re: diagnosed about 1 yr ago with Sarcoidosis

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyjets View Post
I was diagnosed about a year ago with Sarcoidosis. I feel like all i do is go to the doctors. I was put on Advair but that just makes my throat dry. I only seem to have a cough for around 3 to 4 months a year. I have to go for another biopsy in the next few days. I just want to know if there is anything anyone who was diagnosed with this has done to prevent it from coming back or to fight it. Has anyone had problems with there vision from this because that is another thing they are looking at for me?
I've had diagnosed sarcoidosis since 2004. It affects 2 or more organs of your body. It affects my lungs (Stage IV), joints, nerves, and probably more I don't know about. Prednisone only makes the symtoms go away but does nothing to get rid of the bacteria causing the disease. Prednisone makes you irritable, gain weight, and helps the pharmacuetical companies. If you really want help, try inflammation therapy. I am currently on it. There are some success stories here but they are a long time coming. Good luck with other treatments.

Reply Reply