It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Sarcoidosis Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-06-2013, 06:26 AM   #1
(female)

4HONEYBUNCHES HB User
Post weight gain

i have had sarcoidosis for 37 years now and did not know anything about it because about 1 year after being diagnosed, i guess i went into remission. i had no symptoms. the doctor told me this disease comes and goes by itself. i have gained a lot of weight in the last year and feel so exhausted. i have not seen where anyone gains weight, everyone says that they loose. could someone tell me the symptoms they are having because i see so many different things? another thing, i am burning hot one minute and freezing the next. i thought it was hot flashes. anyone have this?

Last edited by 4HONEYBUNCHES; 03-06-2013 at 06:30 AM. Reason: need to add something

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-06-2013, 09:42 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

ladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB User
Re: weight gain

Sarcoidosis shouldn't cause weight gain unless you are on Prednisone for it. I would get your thyroid levels checked and at same time perhaps your estradiol, LH, and FSH to see if you are going into menopause (hot flashes sound likely). The fatigue and weight gain sounds like hypothyroidism, very common and very treatable.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-06-2013, 11:27 AM   #3
(female)

4HONEYBUNCHES HB User
Thumbs up Re: weight gain

Quote:
Originally Posted by ladybud View Post
Sarcoidosis shouldn't cause weight gain unless you are on Prednisone for it. I would get your thyroid levels checked and at same time perhaps your estradiol, LH, and FSH to see if you are going into menopause (hot flashes sound likely). The fatigue and weight gain sounds like hypothyroidism, very common and very treatable.

thank you for that ladybud. i know that i am in menopause. hot flashes started at age 43. i was on hormones but they had bad side affects. i am not taking them at all. i had been tested about 4 years ago for thyroids and everything was normal. maybe it is time to get these things re-checked because things change, especially the thyroids.

Reply Reply