It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Schizophrenia Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-05-2004, 06:21 PM   #1

pinkie1234 HB User
is there a chance i could devolope this?

i plan on going to school within the nex few years for psychology so when i am bored i read about different psychology topics. the more i read about schizophrenia the more it scares me. if i do something i dont want anyone to see i will make sure it's not by the window (ie pick wedgie). i go off in these daydreams and then get scared because i think someonemight be able to read mythoughts. usually people who are into religons and have beliefs about god (or lack of) that i dont know much about. i constantly feel watched by spirits and people who are intune with them. i dont think anyone is out to harm me and i dont hear voices... (yet?) i am curently on a spiritual path to find out more about after life and to decipher the beliefs of others to find the truth. but this has only been going on for a few years. i have been afraid of windows and reading minds my whole life.
i really dont want to lose touch with reality. i know how hard it can be for a family with a member who has a mental disability. it completly broke mine up. my mom had DID and my dad filed for devorce while she was away for a few months trying to get better. i dont want that for my kids and i dont want to cause my husband any pain. he already got all bent out of shape over a little anti depressant medication. (i stoped taking it because it made me more depressed to think of my husband thinking i was crazy... and i have been fine since)

i havent told anyone about this and i am just fine the way things are. but i dont want it to escalate. can anyone give me some insight?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-06-2004, 05:28 AM   #2
Inactive

prometheus HB User
Re: is there a chance i could devolope this?

Quote:
i plan on going to school within the nex few years for psychology
Go to the State University of New York at Albany and study under James C. Mancuso, Ph.D if he still teaches there.

There is a chance you can develop a lot of things they consider signs of "schizophrenia" because there are so many. Basically doing anything that is disapproved of in society can get you a schizophrenia diagnosis. Let's see here

Quote:
if i do something i dont want anyone to see i will make sure it's not by the window (ie pick wedgie).
perfectly normal.

Quote:
i go off in these daydreams and then get scared because i think someonemight be able to read mythoughts.
some people can, but I think what you might have is a privacy issue that you can easily resolve instead of letting it escalate.

Quote:
usually people who are into religons and have beliefs about god (or lack of) that i dont know much about. i constantly feel watched by spirits and people who are intune with them.
many feel the presence of angels and God too.

Quote:
i dont think anyone is out to harm me and i dont hear voices... (yet?)
and so what if you did?

Quote:
i am curently on a spiritual path to find out more about after life and to decipher the beliefs of others to find the truth. but this has only been going on for a few years. i have been afraid of windows and reading minds my whole life.
It is great that you are on this path. Have you ever taken drugs? If you have, you need to detox that or have a shaman as your mentor. It's very dangerous and leads to a good majority of what is considered schizophrenia.

Old 04-08-2004, 12:23 AM   #3

pinkie1234 HB User

its not the diagnosis i am afraid of its the fear of living in an alternate reality and hurting my family. i have a husband that i am inlove with and the cutest 2 little girls you'd ever seen. i dont know what i would do if anything were to happen to them. especially if i was the one who made them go away.

Old 04-08-2004, 03:25 AM   #4
Inactive

prometheus HB User

First off Pinkie, there is only one reality. What it is composed of is an entirely different thing. Does anyone know what it is composed of? Absolutely not. There is something called reality concensus, though. As long as you understand what that concensus is then you have nothing to be afraid of when having or entertaining other ideas. What you are afraid of is losing control, so I Guess, from what you tell me...which is fine, but don't let fear rule who you are, what you think, and what you do. You have a family. It is true that you must now live for your children and you must (should) give up a substantial part of yourself in order to serve your children so that they may again serve you later on. If you don't want to entertain other ideas that do not belong to the reality concensus, then don't do drugs. Unless you already have experiences that require you to have other ideas, you probably won't unless you do drugs. If you have done drugs, and you want your reality back the way it was before, then that is going to take work on your part. Maybe a diagnosis and drug therapy is what you need. It's your call.

In my non-psychological laymen opinion you have a privacy issue and that is completely normal to have in this society, and in the age of information.

I really don't know what to say otherwise. Maybe other people have some comments, similar fears and experiences. I'm sure they do. I can only tell you that drugs and poor diets are what make people insane. I think otherwise we are very capable of dealing with stress and anything, really, along with having "alternate realities", different experiences, and different ideas, without hurting other people, losing mental capabilities, or breaking the law.

Last edited by prometheus; 04-08-2004 at 03:44 AM.

Old 04-20-2004, 10:01 AM   #5

pinkie1234 HB User

i have experimented with pot, extacy, and meds from others doctors (xantax, perks, oxy, valum) but that was when i was a teenager like 5 years ago and i havent done anything since then except for alchol every so often.

Closed Thread