It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Schizophrenia Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-12-2005, 09:10 AM   #1
(female)

doraluma HB User
psychosis, do i belong here?

hi all
i'm dora
i dont know if its ok for me to post here
i have been diagnosed with 'an evolving psychotic illness' but they havent decided what yet.
i have boughts of paranoia, ideas of reference, auditory and more rarely visual hallucinations
i also suffer from depression, borderline personality disorder and anxiety/panic attacks
it had gone away (thanks to Risperidone) but recently the voices have come back
i'm 26 and in the uk
i dont know if i belong here because i havent been diagnosed with schizophrenia (yet)

dora
x

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-12-2005, 09:51 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

kiehn HB User
Re: psychosis, do i belong here?

Hi Dora
This is just my feeling but if you feel this board might be of help to you, welcome!!!
Im bipolar w/pychosis and I use this board as well as others mental health boards.
Voices alone are a symptom of schizphrenia so dont worry post as often as you like.

May I suggest you read the posting "Looking for some advice" In fact reading others
postings is a good way of learning about your illness and helpful advice. Thanks
for sharing, K

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-15-2005, 07:32 PM   #3
Veteran
(female)

bbybyrd HB User

I also don't have schizophrenia but I use this board sometimes because I have major depression with psychotic features.

Old 03-01-2005, 03:35 PM   #4
(female)

Emmie738 HB User

hi i know this is kinda of a old post, but i had a psychosis also. A psychotic depression to be exact. i had so many delusions and i was hearing and seeing a few things. Mostly delusions. It lasted for about 6 months, it was all day, non-stop. I also suffer from anxiety. They put me on some good medications and it it helped. And i've been free from it for about 6 months too. you can talk to me if you want. And i hope things get better for you.
-Emily

Old 03-03-2005, 04:20 PM   #5
(female)

ophelia_nights HB User
Cool Re: psychosis, do i belong here?

Dear bbybyrd and Emmie738,

Hiya. I was wondering if either of you could give me some examples of your hallucinations/delusions specifically related to psychotic depression.

I'm interested in the idea of mood-congruent and mood-incongruent delusions. What sort of stuff did you experience? How was it different to Schizophrenia symptoms?

Did you ever become UNdepressed and STILL have the psychotic symptoms, or did they sort of wash away with the depression?

Thanks so much for any info!!

xxx

Old 03-03-2005, 07:49 PM   #6
(female)

Emmie738 HB User

hi,
i experienced a lot of stuff with the psychotic depression. I was 15 at the time of this (i'm 16 now), and i had know idea what it was, untill my doctor told me. Mostly the delsuions and halluctions brought me guilt. I had more delusions than halluctions. I thought i commited a terrible crime and deserved to be punished, i had voices in my head telling me to kill myself.When it started, it never went away untill like the 5th month, i had these thoughts all the time, execpt when i was sleeping. When it got to be the 5th month, it began to graduallly go away. it lasted about 6 months, maybe less, i don't really remember when it exactly went away, just that it did gradually. I did have up and downs during this, but i was moslty depressed all the time, untill it got gradually got better. I hoped this information helped you.

Old 03-03-2005, 10:48 PM   #7
Veteran
(female)

bbybyrd HB User

My psychotic symptoms were mainly hearing voices and hallucinating. I would hear voices telling me to kill myself or to cut or just saying my name. I heard another voice that would crack jokes and then I'd be sitting there looking like a fool laughing out loud while everyone else was looking at me wondering what I was laughing at. I hallucinated also...I'd see a black figure moving around, birds flying around the room, and bugs crawling on the walls. I'd see the walls closing in on me (and I'm claustrophobic so I'd freak out when that would happen). I also have really bad paranoia and always feel like I'm being followed. Like if the phone rings and noone answers I'd feel that it was someone that was watching me and stuff like that. I was put on Seroquel and Risperdal and that took away my hallucinations and hearing voices but I still have problems with paranoia. I also still have problems with depression. My psychotic features haven't gone away because if I don't take my anitpsychotics they come back. Was off my meds for 3 weeks last month and the hallucinations started to come back.

Closed Thread