It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Schizophrenia Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-02-2006, 05:43 PM   #16
(male)

Toby706 HB UserToby706 HB User
Re: Seroquel

happyhome-

I couldn't agree more with you about the Seroquel if I tried. I am on 150 mg with my Abilify, Topamax, and Lithium Carbonate. The Seroquel helps me sleep soundly and I actually don't have those bizarre "illusions" before going to sleep, that some BP/schiz have at night.

Good Luck to you and Happy New Year!!

Old 01-04-2006, 05:13 PM   #17
Inactive

happyhome HB User

Thanks Toby, like I said without Seroquel, I would not have endured years, of pstd and hurricane Katrina.......I have been on many meds since 1990, and I would't care if they took them all , but Seroquel...excellent drug, once you pass the lethargy part......I have just lost my insurance and it is very expensive.......I hope I can keep affording it....thanks for the reinforcement of a drug used for MULTIPLE PURPOSES, in my case for extreme anxiety....I sleep soundly and awak a new person ! Love Thanks !

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-05-2006, 09:43 AM   #18
Senior Veteran
(female)

brid HB User

hi, i have to start Seroquel, half of 25 grams a night, my problem is anxiety and hipoconria... that amount of medication will make me feel too tirend and profound lethargy ? please, let meknow thanks you
bridget

Old 01-05-2006, 07:34 PM   #19
(male)

Toby706 HB UserToby706 HB User

brid-

I think you'll do fine on the Seroquel, I take my evening meds an hour and a half before going to sleep and always fall fast asleep...

Old 02-22-2006, 09:45 AM   #20
(female)

KMurt HB User

Hey,
I currently take 700mg of seroquel every night along with Prozac and Wellbutrin, and have been on this combination for 5 years. I hate to be a bearer of bad news, but I have found that seroquel makes me unbelievably tired, even after this prolonged use. I take all of my medicine at night, and I have found that in doing this and allowing at least 6 hours of sleep, I can function normally. Unfortunately, it is still hard for me to wake up in the morning, but I have learned to adapt to this side effect.

Old 02-22-2006, 10:34 AM   #21
Inactive
(female)

cloudedmind HB User

It makes me tired. I've been having trouble getting up in the morning for work (5.30am) and have been late for work quite a bit recently.

Old 02-23-2006, 07:01 AM   #22
(female)

i-be-peabody HB User

Hi! I noticed this thread is pretty long and you've probably heard all this already but just to add my two cents. I'm on seroquel now as treatment for schizophrenia. I was on 650 mgs at the start and I honestly thought something else was wrong with me. I've tried a number of antipsychotic medication but this particular one really knocked me out. I got twitching in my facial muscles when I started on it and it left me feeling dizzy fairlyoften. The side effects did diminish after about a couple of months. Then my dose was lowered to 400, then 300. I started getting sick again and the dose was changed back to 600 about a month ago. Sothe lethargy is back, though not in full force like it was when Ifirst started the drug.

I also noticed that I had a bit of depersonalization at the start of this drug therapy. I also find it's come back heavily since the dose was increased again. But honestly, this is the best antipsychotic I've ever used. The one side effect I have the worst is sluggishness and apathy and a feeling of disconnectedness. Those all went away within a few months as my bodygot use to this drug (and also got used to being on a drug I'd actuallytake every day)

But then again, drugs are different for different people. I hope you can find one that works well for you. If the side effectsare really disrupting your life and don't seem to be getting better, you might do better on another drug. But you also might find this one works perfectly after the side effects diminish, if theydo foryou.

Good luck!

love and peace
pea

Old 03-14-2006, 04:50 AM   #23
(female)

heartburnless HB User
Thumbs up Re: Seroquel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhetics
Hello. I was just wondering if anyone has experienced extreme lethargy while first taking Seroquel. Also, if you have, how long did this last? And I'm not talking about drowsiness, I have honestly never felt this tired before. Also, I was wondering about side effects, if any, from Abilify and Lamictal. I am currently on all three, but I took the Lamictal yesterday around 3:00 or so and the Seroquel at about 11 at night. I wouldn't think Lamictal has the potency to last through the night and into today, but I'd feel more comfortable if I heard some other opinions. Thanks!
yes,I am on seroquel,My Doc intentionally upped my dose so I would sleep through a particular bad delusional bout,but after aprox 2 weeks,I am able to function well in day,sleep at night without that dog tired feeling all through the day,and it has helped my mindset alot.Goodluck.

Last edited by heartburnless; 03-14-2006 at 04:55 AM.

Closed Thread