It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Schizophrenia Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-15-2006, 11:35 AM   #1
(male)

MOLindustry HB User
voices

I was just curious, when you hear voices do you talk with them or ignore them? Does your answer change when you're around people? Do you argue with the voices in your head? I do not hear many voices but when I do I feel compelled to respond to them. I'm just wondering how everyone else deals with this problem.

Old 01-19-2006, 08:11 PM   #2
(female)

HelpMeHoldOn HB User
Exclamation Re: voices

My son (16) hears many different voices, - chatter... constantly, never telling him to do nything in specific but like that they are watching him - others are watching him, etc. He also hears hissing, very frightening.

I am new to this with him, we have been through adhd since he was 6 nd bipolr for the last 2 years and now schizoaffective disorder this last year. My poor baby........ he is so lost, I spend countless hours on here to try and find ANYTHING and everything to help him since, doctors seems to just like to write scripts and treat him like a guinnea pig. ARGH- that disturbs me.

I think- well I know a good support system, can be only ONE person for you IS A MUST. Do you have that? Well, you do have that here! I will be looking out for any other posts from you!!!

You are in my thoughts throughout this scary hell!
Hailey

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-04-2006, 03:15 PM   #3
(female)

Mortician HB User
Re: voices

if you hear voices. and they arnt threatening....and are just seeming to want speak with you....talk back who knows...could be a relative trying to contact you.
not everything signifies a psychotic disorder but thats what every doctor labels it.
cause they dont know anything about it.

Old 02-05-2006, 11:26 AM   #4
(female)

i-be-peabody HB User

Well I try not to talk to them in public anymore. But sometimes it can be hard. They really want to talk. When I encounter a threatening or mean one, I just try and ignore it but it's hard. My fiance tells them to leave me alone. Sometimes they don't talk to me at all. They all talk to each other and sing and act really foolish. Sometimes they whisper and I want to know what they're saying.

I don't hear voices much anymore. I've been on medication for about a year that works pretty well. Istill get them but I can deal with them a lot better and they're not quite so persistant or mean, just more irritating.

peace
pea

Old 02-05-2006, 11:26 AM   #5
(female)

i-be-peabody HB User

Well I try not to talk to them in public anymore. But sometimes it can be hard. They really want to talk. When I encounter a threatening or mean one, I just try and ignore it but it's hard. My fiance tells them to leave me alone. Sometimes they don't talk to me at all. They all talk to each other and sing and act really foolish. Sometimes they whisper and I want to know what they're saying.

I don't hear voices much anymore. I've been on medication for about a year that works pretty well. Istill get them but I can deal with them a lot better and they're not quite so persistant or mean, just irritating.

peace
pea

Old 02-05-2006, 11:27 AM   #6
(female)

i-be-peabody HB User

Aw!!! Sorry about the double post. I hit stop during the send to change something. Looks like it posted both versions. That's irritating. Sorry everyone.

Old 02-10-2006, 04:23 AM   #7
(male)

DesiBaller HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by HelpMeHoldOn
My son (16) hears many different voices, - chatter... constantly, never telling him to do nything in specific but like that they are watching him - others are watching him, etc. He also hears hissing, very frightening.

I am new to this with him, we have been through adhd since he was 6 nd bipolr for the last 2 years and now schizoaffective disorder this last year. My poor baby........ he is so lost, I spend countless hours on here to try and find ANYTHING and everything to help him since, doctors seems to just like to write scripts and treat him like a guinnea pig. ARGH- that disturbs me.

I think- well I know a good support system, can be only ONE person for you IS A MUST. Do you have that? Well, you do have that here! I will be looking out for any other posts from you!!!

You are in my thoughts throughout this scary hell!
Hailey

I used to hear the hissing too its really high pitched it feels like my ear drums are going to burst. However, the hissing only happens sometimes when I am a sleep, and sometimes that is when I hear voices to like the voices say bad things and its even worse I sleep alone with the light off. Anyway a Muslim friend of mine told me it was "jinn" at first I didn't believe him me being an atheist, however when he told me more about them I was convinced it was some sort of energy that was parallel to our own universe. Anyway he read some pray on me, and since the I have never heard the hissing or the voices.

Good articles:

[url]http://ufoinfo.com/news/FSR_scientific.html[/url]

[url]http://i-cias.com/cgi-bin/eo-direct.pl?jinn.htm[/url]

Last edited by DesiBaller; 02-10-2006 at 04:25 AM.

Closed Thread