It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Schizophrenia Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-13-2006, 10:19 AM   #1
(female)

stephaniechase HB User
Will the voices ever stop?

(I posted some other/background info on the voices-help thread).

Anyone with voices have them stop?

Anyone with voices ever hear of someone else who's voices stopped?

I'd like to hear from people who actually have or had voices.

I'm really frustrated as I haven't found any helpful information from the medical establishment.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-13-2006, 12:51 PM   #2
(female)

m25 HB User
Re: Will the voices ever stop?

deleted-----

Last edited by m25; 05-16-2006 at 04:45 AM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-14-2006, 03:55 PM   #3
(female)

Msszsingle HB User

I started hearing voices at age 11 and am now 47. My voices stopped when I started taking Zyprexa about 9 years ago. I would hear the devil (and see him at times) telling me how sinful I was and that I would have to pay for my sins. I also heard demons singing to me as they danced around my bed in the mornings. Zyprexa also stops the sometimes constant music that I hear. When I go off Zyprexa for a while, the music will start again. Only rarely do I hear the voices anymore and that is at night after I have had a stressful day. Also, now the voices seem to come from inside. They used to all be external. I hope this helps.
Donna

Old 05-15-2006, 04:02 PM   #4
(male)

dave_81 HB User

I have psychotic depression (not schizophrenia); but still hear voices. I hear my name being called out, general whispering, and sometimes derogatory expressions. I've been on several anti-psychotics; but none of them have taken the voices away. Sorry for the pessimistic post

Best,

Dave_81

Old 05-19-2006, 10:57 PM   #5
(female)

Dresden HB User

I recently began taking Abilify and it has effectively stopped all auditory hallucinations.

Good luck! :-)

Old 05-21-2006, 07:33 PM   #6
(male)

Bulakatos72 HB User

I heard voices and saw people all the time that were not there.It was of death, screaming ,murder and telling me to do things. I just prayed to God And Jesus night and day not even sleeping and eventually it went away.I am fine now. It was some weird thing about my Schizophrenia.

Old 05-29-2006, 01:32 AM   #7
Inactive
(female)

xxzoexx HB User

somtimes i think i hear people whisper my name.but i'm not sure if it's just tiredness.

Old 05-29-2006, 01:42 AM   #8
Veteran
(male)

Podee HB User

My friend had some kind of psychosis that lasted almost three months. She would not so much see or hear things, but would talk nonsense about traveling the world to collect its treasures and building underground monuments of ten thousand pounds of granite and having to wear a Kevlar Burka to avoid getting shot by all the peopel chasing her and the like. She was involuntarily hospitalized three times.

Now she's been on Zyprexa and a couple other meds including Tegretol for just a few months and she is just fine.

Get to your psychiatrist. He can help you.

Old 07-30-2006, 07:52 PM   #9
(male)

JZapp HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dresden
I recently began taking Abilify and it has effectively stopped all auditory hallucinations.

Good luck! :-)

--------
In reference to "Will they ever stop?" and Dresden's answer.
I have not been officially diagnosed with Schizophrenia, but i hear voices, have some mild depression and issues with spacing out and focusing.
I am now taking Abilify for about 4 months and the voices are lessened even though I am really tired.
I believe they can minimize to a very small degree with meds, and a stress free enviroment.
Dresden: What dose are you taking of Abilify? How long were you taking it for this to eliminate the voices?
-a newbie, Jeff

Old 07-31-2006, 11:21 AM   #10

RiseAgainst HB User

Ive been taking rispiridone for two months with a diagnosis of schizophrenia and its taken the edge of the visual hullucinations but the voices telling me what to do havnt stopped. Im still waiting on that.

RA

Last edited by RiseAgainst; 08-01-2006 at 09:06 AM.

Old 08-02-2006, 12:02 PM   #11
(male)

kulvane HB User

i have been hearing voices and seeing things for several years i started getting help 11 years ago abilify made me sleep a lot but did not help in any other way i am on zypreza trillafon vistaril and zoloft at the moment but my voices won't go away however i have met other people who have had the voices stop with the right medications so i think your answer is it depends on the person and the medicine i hope your voices stop

Old 09-10-2006, 02:10 PM   #12
(female)

louise13 HB User

i started hearing voices in my last year at high school, age about 15, they would criticise me and tell me how ugly and pathetic i was. im now 35 and since coming out of an abusive relationship 2 years ago my voices have changed from critical to demanding, they ask me to kill people - i see the devil and his little people, who are watching me and trying to take over me and my house, he wants my soul he wants me to burn in hell, its terrifying. do you still see the devil?

Old 09-10-2006, 05:15 PM   #13
(male)

cranberryjuice HB User

More importantly, if they don't stop talking,,, is whether or not you follow them around....

i've been hearing voices since 1992, but it wasn't until i started taking medication that i began to pull away from the 'voice world'.. into reality.

yes, i still hear voices every now and then, but i have a life now too..i don't spend my time having to put up with all the stuff...

I had a severe case, though.... i think yours is probably much better than mine....

it's just a matter of getting the brain back to normal....however providence chooses to do that... medicine, life changes, medicine+life changes.... etc.

Old 09-15-2006, 09:00 PM   #14
(female)

sky_028 HB User

I have gotten so many weird looks. I arque with my voices. They have plagged me day and night for a very long time. I take he medication but some times i still hear those voices. first time was 11 and my dead grandfather was talking to me. I didn't understand.
sky

Old 09-16-2006, 05:38 PM   #15
(male)

cranberryjuice HB User

Yes, sky, i've heard a lady i was close to at church who had just died, talk to me. Funny, i was at a sort of haunted looking house when she started speaking.

Let me say this though, i think i caused all that.... i used to be pretty religious. When this lady was on her deathbed, probably a couple of days from death.... i tried to heal her... i said, 'in the name of Jesus get up!'...

i think this screwed up what God was doing, perhaps at that point it was too late for her and maybe it messed up her spirit. That's one of the main reasons i think voices started talking to me, because of her.

You know, i've heard of people on their deathbeds hearing voices speak to them.

A friend told me that when sam kineson was about to die, he said, 'I can't die, i'm not right with God'.... then all of the sudden his face changed like he was hearing something and then he said, 'Ok, i can die now.'

I've argued with 'whoever is speaking', albeit, the 'voices', also (You know, most people right you off like voices are just in your head). Too bad their not hearing anything, right?

I haven't found a medication that completely takes away everything....
But i have found one that lets me sleep and gets me to the point where i can pull away from them long enough to have a life. I posted elsewhere on here about sexuality and schizophrenia... i actually think that a lack of sexuality and wholeness of your brain's feelings and body's feelings... brings about schizophrenia...i had a problem with my sexuality when i was 23 when it all occured to me... *SORRY so graphic...this is not a sexuality forum and i don't mean to bring up stuff like that... anyway, all that's something to think about...

Religion definitely plays a role in schizophrenia with many people.... that's why you see them in mental hospitals come in and claim to be God or God speaking to them or something... the bible says, 'not to take things to extremes'...proverbs or psalms i believe.... and mine could have been prevented by not doing that.

I don't necessarily think that mental illness though is chemicals getting unbalanced.. more like they get bothered... my brain doesn't feel twisted, just aggrevated.

anyway, more likely the voices are brain cells or something that have the ability to communicate... so they are bothered about something... figure that out and you might get rid of schizophrenia.

Closed Thread