It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Schizophrenia Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-21-2006, 10:46 AM   #1
(female)

Shayone478 HB User
Unhappy Newbie and Confused/Lost

I'm new to the boards and wanted to share some of my concerns and see if anyone could help me determine what exactly might be wrong. I have read alot that I can relate to, I'm diagnosed with severe depression and anxiety but have been scared to tell my psychiatrists throughout the years that i've experienced hallucinations at times and really weird thoughts and noises. From these experiences, I now have a really bad fear that something terrible will happen or that I will start seeing things that will scare me to death. I try to control my thoughts and emotions but it's to the point now where every little noise in the house will scare the daylights out of me. I isolate myself, which i realize only makes matters worse. I have been on wellbutrin now for about 4 weeks and it does seem to help me keep my spirits up more than previously. I am unable to work because of my anxiety/panic/social phobias and don't really know where to turn or if there is any hope of me being able to pick up my life and be able to take care of my kids once again. Any thoughts or advice??

Last edited by Shayone478; 06-21-2006 at 10:47 AM. Reason: title

Old 06-21-2006, 03:10 PM   #2
(male)

djbachus HB User
Re: Newbie and Confused/Lost

you should tell people then you will be able to get some help . If i hadden told my family about my voices i'd be much worse then i am now .

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-23-2006, 06:52 PM   #3
(female)

Shayone478 HB User
Re: Newbie and Confused/Lost

Thank you both for replying. It seems the hallucinations are history. They happened when my life was in crisis. And I believe a lot of it was due to how bad my anxiety was and not being on medication. But still, for some reason I still feel it would not help if I told psychiatrist. They would only make notes and think of me as being crazy. But I did tell one psychiatrist about a set of hallucination I had b/c I suspected I may be schizophrenic but he never diagnosed it as such and never tried giving me associated meds. I was afraid of being diagnosed with it and wanted to be at the same time. Not sure what that is about but thankfully my life isn't quite as tumultuous and don't have such severe problems anymore. I just hope I can go the rest of my life without having something similar happen to me again.

Last edited by Shayone478; 07-23-2006 at 07:01 PM.

Closed Thread