It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Schizophrenia Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-28-2006, 07:13 PM   #1
(male)

Illuminary HB User
Hearing Voices

I hope someone can help me understand something that I experiance daily.

When its quiet I hear voices in my mind. More loudly when I turn on the water to wash my hands or when a fan is running, and always when I am alone. I have noticed this for years, but as of late these random phrases have grown louder within.

The voices are random voices, such as of a man, woman or child and even a family member. The voices never talk to me, they only say random things, such as, "I need a smoke" - "I'm going fishing" or "Strike Three! He's outta there!" I liken them to one sitting on the couch with a remote flipping through the stations on the TV, chaging the channel every three seconds. Again I cannot engage in conversation with these voices anymore than I could with the TV.

The voices come and go constantly and rapidly. They change to something new every few seconds. At times (moreso when tired) I see rapid images flash in the back of my mind that go with the voices, but those only last a moment too. I don't mind channel surfing but I don't wish to do so 24/7 in my mind.

I have been more stressed lately than I have in sometime. Perhaps that plays a major role. One Doctor mentioned Radio signals from fillings, but I hear the voices of family members saying random things such as, "Man, its cold outside!" So its not that. Some have even mention telepathy and psychic power, but I think thats silly.

I am not sure if this is the onset of Schizophrenia or something different.

At times its disturbing as I fear I may become consumed by these constant inner ramblings and lose my identity. I hope someone can help shed light on this strange mystery.

Thanks, Jeremy

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-29-2006, 08:23 AM   #2
(female)

ceres_lacaille HB User
Smile Re: Hearing Voices

I get this too. usually someone I know shouting my name, or just some random thing. Ive been evaluated by lots of doctors (for this among other things) they say this is part of schizophrenia, but if you dont see things, then I dont think you have it.
It happens to my brother and sister and dad (2 of which dont see things) I think it has something to do with your brain flashing back memories or something... not a government conspiracy at any rate :P

Old 10-29-2006, 09:43 AM   #3
(female)

makeworldgoaway HB User
Re: Hearing Voices

I have the same thing, noises & voices that occur only when I am alone, & get louder when there are other noises such as a fan or water running. I don't see people or anything except wh en my eyes are closed, then I sometimes get vivid pictures in my head-it might be just one or two or it can be a constant flow of one picture after another-& they don't make any sense at all, just random faces that are unknown to me & pictures of different things, maybe a police car w ith lights flashing, maybe a knife slowly falling through the air, maybe animals....& then the occasional loud noise in my head usually as I'm falling asleep-maybe a door slamming loudly, or whatever. It's always enough to jolt me wide awake with heart racing. Sometimes the slightest noise in the room, such as the thermostat clicking on, will jolt me awake with heart racing. I have been diagnosed Schizoaffective but then now they wonder if I'm Bipolar I....I think some of this stuff is so alike & overlapping t hey're never sure. Especially when you don't have symptoms that fit the textbook description.

Old 10-29-2006, 12:16 PM   #4
(female)

ceres_lacaille HB User

I hear doors slamming and glass breaking and whatnot while Im falling asleep too! Anyone know why this happens?

Old 10-29-2006, 12:36 PM   #5
Senior Veteran
(male)

dfwgoodguy HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by ceres_lacaille
I hear doors slamming and glass breaking and whatnot while Im falling asleep too! Anyone know why this happens?
Habitual thinking. You have become expectant of these sounds, and probably actually wait to hear them. You might not be choosing to do this, but this is prbably the case.

Does this scare you? If so why? If you hear glass break, make the noise yourself, *pshhhhtttssss* (dunno how you'd spell it :P)

If you hear a door slam, make that sound. Act as if you knew it was going to happen. Do not fear these things our mind conjurs up. I want you to do this next time you hear these things.. Fear will be eliminated, and over time so will the noises.

As for Illuminary, why do you have that name? Significance?

Hopefully you do not become afraid of these voices, if not...Your doing good. Why not laugh at these when they "speak" to you? If I heard a voice say "strike three", I guarantee I would laugh to myself, and ask what? while giggling probably.

Voices in your head are quite an interesting thing. You have within your memory hundreds of voices that you have heard in your lifetime, maybe more depending on your memory and age. These voices can say things to you, although they are probably just your thoughts in another voice.

This all stems from a lack of mental self-control. The flashing of images, the voices, the rambling in your head. Your mind will go on and on and on, if you let it. And thats the easiest thing in the world to do, the harder part is silencing your mind. This can be done with meditation.

Simple meditation would be to just focus on your breathing, or maybe a ceiling fan noise. Choose somthing and focus on it, if a thought comes in (WHICH I GUARANTEE MANY MANY WILL) ignore them. Focus on the noise or breath, etc. If your mind begins to wander into a thought that came by, stop and focus back on the noise/breath.

Now this takes time, and practice. I usually do it before I goto sleep. And I'd say after 3 months (how long it took me), I could with ease, stop thinking TOTALLY. I am able to do my job at work, watch tv, play games, walk around the mall, ANYTHING...with a completely empty head.

You actually have control over your thoughts, but your mind will make you think otherwise. Again, meditation is the answer. Its not easy or fast, but it is what you need.

You must also LOSE ALL FEAR. Fear of these voices/noises/etc are the cause of them being repeated. Ignore the voices, laugh at em, ask them who they are talking to...etc...They will not talk back...

Also you said being psychic, or telepathy is silly. Why? Fear?
We are moving to a new age in reality, that many of you do no realize. Tuning into the world is happening to you and you don't know what to do.

Schizophrenia, ADD, ADHD, Bi-Polar, Depression...we can control these..

Lose your fear...
Learn self control, mentally and physically.*BIGGEST THING EVER*
and...LOSE THE FEAR!

FEAR IS FAKE!

Good Luck...oh and also, open your mind...because if you close it off....you'll never know anything about you or reality.

again good luck...and again...fear is fake...

Old 10-29-2006, 02:55 PM   #6
(female)

makeworldgoaway HB User

When the noises scare me it isn't like boogey-man fear, it's the reaction to the loud noise, just as if someone walked up behind you & popped a paper bag by your head but you didn't know anyone was even in the room-the reaction to the noise then makes me wide awake & heart racing. Not that I don't wonder what the heck that was, but it's the noise itself that scares me. The other day I was bent over the sink brushing my teeth, home alone. Then I thought someone was touching me on the shoulder & let out a shriek-it was my cat, touching my shoulder with his paw to test it before he jumped on my back....for crying out loud, but then I couldn't hardly finish brushing because I kept getting the giggles thinking about how I shrieked.... It was nice to be scared for real for once.

Old 10-29-2006, 09:51 PM   #7
Senior Veteran
(male)

dfwgoodguy HB User

Once I began to face my fears, and come content with death at any moment, I came out of this area.

This might sound weird or false to many, but when you are rambling in your head thoughts, thoughts of the past, thoughts of what happened during this day, replaying it back, or even thoughts of tomorrow, etc.....You are actually not here.

You are not HERE, until you can become silent in your mind and live in the moment. You have got to stop thinking totally to be aware of yourself and your mind. This can only be done by meditation.

Not saying you have to get a buddah statue and meditate in front of it, this doesnt mean you have to sit cross legged and say oooohhhhhmmmmm oooohhhhmmm...

Meditation is focusing the mind on somthing to silence it. Using your breath is all you need. Since no matter where you go, you will have your breath with you, this is the best focal point. Although ceiling fans, floor fans work great too on those days my mind wants to take charge.

But now, it doesn't require much effort.(after 5 months of 30min meditations)
Now I live my life in meditation, my head is silent almost all the time. And would you believe, I think WAY more clearly, I think about what **I** want to think about. I am the choice maker now, the voices and noises I heard ceased within a month of meditation, and research done on my brain.

Its amazing how AMAZING and NEEDED and REQUIRED to LIVE that the brain is, and yet, many many many many people know absolutely NOTHING about it. I find it insane.....We live in a technological age, the internet is available to everyone...USE IT!

Learn more about your mind, heart and body.....Take time from watching television, video games, shopping, in self pity, etc...to focus of the knowledge you need to know.

Do it now, before it is done for you. Because once its done for you, you have lost all control that you think you have now...

(this isn't focused at anyone here, just thoughts for you to think, if you choose.)

Much love...

Closed Thread